The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 613 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 654 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 701 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 749 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 801 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function

Current time: 06-25-2021, 02:16 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Fishing @Bergsig Trout Farm 12 September 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day

Been fishing at Bergsig Trout Farm last week.
Arrived at the Farm at about 07:00, First impressions- Very nice and neat. The farm consists of 5 dams. The Biggest dam is stocked with Bass, Trout and Carp, this dam is mainly catered for the Carp anglers, but on my visit, there wasn't to much Carp anglers so was aloud to present my bass lures in the dam. The other four dams is mainly for Bass anglers, with an odd Trout also in those dams.

Getting my rods ready and enjoying a lekker koffie, you can see the Bass swimming around in the shallows. I moved to the Bass dams to get the Plastics wet. Didn't get a single bite or take at any of the dams. I then moved back to carp dam and threw in a rod to give the carps a go. I also walked around the dam trying my luck at the bass. There is a lot of bass that was in the shallows to try your luck at some Sight Fishing.

Must say it was one of the toughest fishing days ever. You would literally pitch your lure in front of the Buggers nose, and you can almost see the Fish laughing at you. I persisted and dead Rigged my worms in Front of them, where they will just bump the lure and swim a circle around it.

Luckily one on the Bass was irritated enough with me to swallow the lure deep enough for a hook set :eusa_dance: . Was a small one of about 600 Grams.

After that it started to get cold again and all the fish disappeared.

Spoke to a few fellow anglers and the owners and was told it was very close to their spawn, so they are very tough on the bite. One guy told me that the dams produced a 2.2kg the previous week, so no doubt they are there.

Very nice place and will definitely visit them again soon.
Thanks for the report back Goose!

Fish with lock jaw can be quite painful to watch
Regards Robert Jacobs