Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

De Hoop Dam - Steelport

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All

just read that De Hoop Dam is a new dam and wanted to check if anybody has fished there? any good?

always nice to see new dams.
PM me.. Anyone shares a report ever on that dam I will sh#t myself...we are passing legialation to hopefully get it to Injaka standard where you will only gain access if you have a key...will have a heart attack if I get there like with driekoppies and see 100+ GP plates at a time next to the launch
Just wondering how peoples undies would stay clean if it is featured in a well known magazine? I mean no disrespect. Saw the article myself and it spurred on my own curiosity too.
Seems sollys angling has put an article about fishing there

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fishingfanatix.com/fishy-stories.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fishingfanatix.com/fishy-stories.php</a><!-- m -->
LOL and its not open yet. It should be for Limpopo and MP anglers. In limpopo we only have like 3 dams to fish and this should broaden our base a bit. Having a key I agree but hogging something for yourself isn't the way to go either.

In GP guys have a selection of many dams to fish.
"At night when I go to sleep.... I count Bass instead of sheep!"
@EmjaySmit - who is passing what legislation?

As far as I know this dam is not officially open yet as it is still under Dept. water affairs.

nevertheless you will have 10-20 boats on the dam every weekend and it has hosted a number of club tournaments. The bigger tournaments will be adding it to their schedule soon. Everyone should have the right to fish the dam not an exclusive bunch with a key

Let's hope Limpopo Parks actually does a good job of placing the majority of the dam in a reserve and manages the dam properly. I have already seen nets and the majority of the fish were already rotting. If we can also get rid of the Hook n cook brigade it will be great - Even the Solly's guys say they kept fish in their article. This is not what I would expect from a dealer we support.

Story is the other day everyone was pulled off the water by the cops and they closing the dam with fines if you found fishing.....can anyone confirm this?
Bob Wrote:@EmjaySmit - who is passing what legislation?

As far as I know this dam is not officially open yet as it is still under Dept. water affairs.

nevertheless you will have 10-20 boats on the dam every weekend and it has hosted a number of club tournaments. The bigger tournaments will be adding it to their schedule soon. Everyone should have the right to fish the dam not an exclusive bunch with a key

Let's hope Limpopo Parks actually does a good job of placing the majority of the dam in a reserve and manages the dam properly. I have already seen nets and the majority of the fish were already rotting. If we can also get rid of the Hook n cook brigade it will be great - Even the Solly's guys say they kept fish in their article. This is not what I would expect from a dealer we support.

Story is the other day everyone was pulled off the water by the cops and they closing the dam with fines if you found fishing.....can anyone confirm this?

A key is not a bad thing BUT it should be available to true bass fisherman and sportsman. This keeps destroyers away and out.
"At night when I go to sleep.... I count Bass instead of sheep!"
Ja, I also saw they said "most" were released! There is no culling required in a new water so surely man.......?? Answer up boys.

DWS is getting quite sticky with access to strategic dams that have not been through an RMP process. Dams are not "public" venues if they are not zoned as such.
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
I for one cannot wait to go and fish this venue as soon as it opens!! Would be awesome to have another nice dam close to my house!
Apparently someone nearly drowned there on the weekend and they have closed it until further notice!! The DWAF don't have certain things in place to open it and are working out them.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Just out of interest guys, why the big hate for GP guys?? Don't you guys have cars to drive to dams far away?? The GP guys don't cuss you for fishing on öur"waters, so why do it to us?
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Bakerboy Wrote:Just out of interest guys, why the big hate for GP guys?? Don't you guys have cars to drive to dams far away?? The GP guys don't cuss you for fishing on öur"waters, so why do it to us?

It wasn't us Cape Boys, Allan we just reading all of this but you safe as long as you don't support the Bulls!! lol
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
Ja chaps, "politics" aside, it's too late now as the message is out there! Just for accuracy, DWS and not DWA now control the dams and besides, if it's still closed.......how the hell are so many people fishing it? :roll:
Clearly, Mr. Zuma is not a fisherman..............

South Africa opens R3bn De Hoop Dam

24 March 2014

President Jacob Zuma officially opened the R3-billion, 347-million cubic metre De Hoop Dam in Sekhukhune, Limpopo province on Monday.
Built on the Steelpoort River, with a wall approximately 1 015 metres long and 81 metres high, the De Hoop Dam is the 13th largest dam in South Africa and one of the largest to be built in the country in the last 20 years.
It is also one of the projects falling under the Presidential Infrastructure Coordination Commission, established by Zuma in 2012 to coordinate and fast-track infrastructure projects in the country.
Zuma said that the dam would be used for two primary purposes. "The first is to supply water to the towns, industries and poorly serviced rural communities in the Sekhukhune, Waterberg, and Capricorn Districts of the Limpopo province. Secondly, the dam will supply water to the mines in order to help unlock vast mineral deposits, mainly in the form of platinum group metals found in the region.
"The dam will therefore be a catalyst for both social and economic development for this region."
Zuma said the dam would change the lives of thousands of people in the province, including those living in GaMashabela near Jane Furse - a small rural town about 80 kilometres south-east of Limpopo's legislative capital, Lebowakgomo.
"People still have to walk through thick and thorny bushes to reach the wells of Ntsoaneng GaKgari Mountains in order to access fresh water," Zuma said. "Some of the residents still rely on borehole water which is insufficient to meet the demand of these communities."
He added that a new pipeline from Jane Furse to Lobethal, catering for the villages of Ga-Mashabela, Diphagane, Ga-Phahla,Ga-Marishane, Tisane and Mamone, was 70% complete, while a pipeline from Mooihoek to Tubatse was 100% complete.
"The pipeline will provide water to the villages including Mandagshoek, Mashabela, Ntsoaneng, Driekop and River Cross. The bulk distribution system connected to the dam will ensure that, over a period of time, all the people of this area will be served with an uninterrupted water supply, which is the ultimate goal of government."
SAnews.gov.za and SAinfo reporter

Read more: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.southafrica.info/business/economy/infrastructure/dams-240314.htm#.VV7uF42JjmQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.southafrica.info/business/ec ... V7uF42JjmQ</a><!-- m -->#ixzz3ar7M7hjx
Me thinks the "GP's" and the "ND's" need to have a fish-off to see whose number plates can catch more fish........... :lol: