Current time: 09-21-2021, 01:50 AM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Mnini dam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone from down in KZN fished at Mnini dam.Apparently it is not a big dam but you can launch a small craft or float tube.It is not far from the Illovo country club down Umgababa way.I have a source that says her husband goes there and there are a few lapas and braai facilities but not many people go there and there are nice bass to be caught there.
Hi Joe, I fished there a couple of times late last year. Your information regarding the dam is correct. There is a slip way to launch boats, I have launched mine there. It is a small dam compared to Albert's and Inanda but big enough for a motor boat. The whole dam is supposed to be a no wake zone.

With regards to bass, well I have only caught rats there but there are reports of bass over 4kg that came out of the dam. There was a picture on this site some time back of a big bass as well as a discussion / forum on the dam.

When I went there the first time I thought this is the place I'm going to call home, it looked perfect for bass fishing, but after going for a couple of times and only getting rats and the wind always pumping from the see I gave it a miss.

Fab goes to this dam from time to time.

I should try it again sometime! Wink
[Image: dbfa278d-72d0-4191-8a1b-dfc8df2ce222_zps5101ae66.jpg]