Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Quantum reels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys.
I bought myself a Quantum Tour Edition baitcaster a few years ago. At some stage it lost it's smoothness, and it started to make an iron-on-iron sound when I reeled in. I sent it in to Apex Walker to be fixed, and it took almost 8 weeks before I got my reel back. It was better, but not quite as smooth as it should be.

Then I went and bought myself the Quantum Smoke baitcaster last year February. I thought I'll give Quantum another chance. And who would've guessed, it is starting to do the same.

Is there maybe someone on this forum who can help me with this? Really don't feel like sending it to Apex for 8 weeks again :blue-sad:
I wanted to buy the new Tour MG the other day, but luckily Gani's didn't have any stock, so opted for the Revo Premier instead. A much better buy I think.
Oh boy! Haven't had one of these threads in a while. Wink
Solution = Shimano or Abu Garcia
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
PhalaBass - read the thread about a fishing industry secret, pull out your toolbox, a good light, a magnifying glass, put on the kettle and save yourself the wait of 8 weeks.......!
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
Hi,

You can also chat to JM on the site, I know he had his Quantum serviced and was very happy with it. (can't remember by who)

I personally have a few Quantums and have never come across problems with them.
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
I find servicing mine keeps them running smoothly, pretty easy to do yourself, just keep the parts in the right order when you take it apart...
i also have quantum tour edition and got same issue. had it 6 months and drag went on it. wont buy quantum again and customer service aint great.

Abu all the way.
I have 12 quantum tour editions. They started getting rough. Spares and service became a problem. All replaced with Curado's and Chronarch's. The salt water energy's are still 100%.

If I was in the USA I would buy Quantum because there is backup. But here no can do......sorry Nav's!
All my reels are Quantum KVD and PT Tours. Had good services out of them for the last 4 years

I also have the same issue with one of my PT Tours. It is currently sitting with Plasticman as he offered to have a look at it for me. It is one of my first 2 PT Tours I bought in 2010.

I am also keen to look at Tour Mg at some point.

And no I am not affiliated with Quantum in any way....but are open to offers :eusa_pray:
Regards Robert Jacobs
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Something must be wrong......both these parts diagrams come off the Quantum support site for two different reels but there is no difference......mmnnnn?
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
All my reels are Shimano and Pinnacle never heard of Quantum
Floatie Wrote:Hi,

You can also chat to JM on the site, I know he had his Quantum serviced and was very happy with it. (can't remember by who)

I personally have a few Quantums and have never come across problems with them.

Yeah I have 1 Quantum PT Tour which I must say...is much smoother than my chronarch. The push-button to cast is also very smooth to click in. Smoother than any reel I have come across. It used to feel like sand was grinding up in the gears, sent it to apex walker and all fixed. Still very smooth. My favourite pitching reel by far!

With all the comments about Quantum and the other Quantum reels...I don't think I would like another one. The PT Tour is my 2nd Quantum and my last. Will eventually replace with Shimano. The Chronarchs are very lekker reels though. Need some more.
[Image: outdoors_zps5be0abce.gif]
At last someone who understand what I mean with the ease of the push bar and the smoothness. To me it makes a big difference when spending a long day on the water.

Fell if love with the PT Tour the first time I picked on up and it proved itself to me beyond the awesome good looks!
Regards Robert Jacobs
I remember I once had a Quantum now its at the bottom of Qwaggas Kloof dam by choice
Roy Wrote:I remember I once had a Quantum now its at the bottom of Qwaggas Kloof dam by choice

No wonder you do so well at kwaggas, making structure for future comps.