Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Best Flippers for kick boating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day

I am on a quest to find the best / MOST POWERFUL fins or flippers specific to Kick boating. And yes, you are all correct, I am too unfit at this stage to show off my going barefoot or using one flipper type of thing... Wink

The reason is, at times we fish larger waters and of course when the wind picks up or to my horror, I got caught in the current on the Breede and nearly had a heart attack trying to move two meters, I want the most thrust I can get to out of my flippers or fins to make life easier.

I have seen numerous styles and types, like Force Fins or Caddis Fins etc..but yoh, they can get pricey and I am wary or buying something that does not have the "umpf" I am looking for.

What would you guys in the know recommend?

Thanks oh and for the like if Q...the days of getting stuck in the reeds for a hour at Provost are least a thing of the past...I am purely looking to upgrade my "Outboard" so to speak! :eusa_dance:
Don't go too long and don't go too short: Snorkelling flippers are the best. Entry level cressi sub flippers are about R375 to R425. or you can buy those "deep blue" flippers from game for about R200. They are very comfortable.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Something between the short bodyboarding fins and scuba flippers are my preference. I tried a pair of super long diving fins that seemed to weigh me down and caus alot of drag. About 90cm i reckon. Mr Price Sport R250 for the Cressi's.
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
I use a pair of body boarding fins. They put much less stress on your legs and you can move forward with them which the long flippers don't allow you to do. The difference in speed will save your legs in the long run and it's not a huge difference.
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
bassmaster Wrote:I use a pair of body boarding fins. They put much less stress on your legs and you can move forward with them which the long flippers don't allow you to do. The difference in speed will save your legs in the long run and it's not a huge difference.

Agree with BM
I have a pair of scuba flippers and a pair of body boarding fins. The scuba flippers kill my knees. Body boarding ones is much more comfortable and allow you to kick forward too
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.adrenalinoutdoors.co.za">www.adrenalinoutdoors.co.za</a><!-- w -->

"The man who persists in casting will succeed in catching" - Capiez
Thanks Gents, the option to kick forward would be great...I try to do so with my conventional flippers and it is a mission for sure.
I can kick forward easily with cressi sub snorkelling flippers.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
I am working on fitting oar locks on my Pisces. It is the answer for those dangerous situations when the wind is against you.
Uncle Bomm, I reckon that is a good idea, they must not get in my way though...LOL