The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 613 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 654 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 701 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 749 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 801 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function

Current time: 06-25-2021, 03:26 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Mossback

What dam to fish in or around Gauteng

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All,

My son and I are looking at going to a dam with our boat this weekend and stay over camping. We dont know which dams are better to fish as we have not fished with the boat for some time. We have Rust de Winter, Bronkies, Vaal river or Witbank to choose from.

Does anyone have any suggestions to which are fishing better at the moment?
Harties. Launch at Eagles Landing

Drop me a pm with your mail address and I'll send you a map of the dam with fishing spots.
Harties has good fish but you need to know where to find them, not all the good looking spots produce bass. The camping at Harties is a bit suspect, lots of attacks and robberies.
My advice would be for Bronkies, good camping areas and the fishing is usually good, well better or as good as other dams in at the same time of year.

Hope you have a great time though, that is what it is all about!
2 Fast - 2 Seriaaas

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
"Steve Bartkowski"
you can camp and launch from meerhof @ haarties very safe and very clean
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
The Gauteng Cast for cash is at Harties this weekend with around 60 boats expected so unless you don't mind the added boat pressure, I would not recommend it for a social outing.

Meerhof is also not the safest camping spot, on a previous comp friends of ours stayed over and their shoes where stolen from underneath their stretchers.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
great, thanks for all the responses, and feedback. I think it's Bronkies for us, security being very important for me and my young son. Thanks again all!
Ahoy Pitman

Witbank also makes for a nice outing, lots of fish.

Bronkies is lekker, try weightless plastics and floating frogs on the mats all over the yacht club side. sometimes a crankbait around the rocky areas closer to the dam wall in the afternoon can give a bunch of fish.

I like to throw: Big Bite Baits Triple Tail minnow in Tilapia colour, Spro BronzeyeJnr60 frog in leopard color and the Spro Little John DD60 in clear chartreuse.

Also jerkbaits like the spro mcstick110 in Blue bandit can give you a bunch of fun along the docks.

Hope it Helps, has worked for me.

Chris