The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 613 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 654 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 701 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 749 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 801 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function

Current time: 05-14-2021, 08:48 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Weekend away 5-8 Aug where to go?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Guys

I am planning a weekend away at one of our KZN dams for some RnR and Bass fishing. I am looking at either Alberts or Midmar.

I really enjoy the accomodation at Midmar Chalets and the prices are reasonable but I dont know the dam very well. We spent a week at the chalets in January this year and really enjoyed it but struggled to boat fish...

We spent April at Alberts and caught a few fish but no fireworks. I know the spawn is coming up. If you had a choice which dam would you stay at???? Any advice would be appreciated from a fishing perspective..Thanks a million
Kwaggas in die kaap!!! You will never look back dude... when that 2kg smallie hit's you and launches to the same height as your eye level you will need to change your shorts!! LOL!!! Have a ripper no matter where you go.... :blue-cool:
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
BM...you are right about that smallie...Anyone going to hit Kwaggas this weekend..?Dont forget the sherry for that morning chill...we seem to have inherited that winter chill from the snowy areas .. thanks Natal !
I would love to go fishing on Sunday but it's the wife's birthday and I don't feel like walking around with a high pitched voice..... :blue-rolleyes: :blue-shock: :blue-badgrin: :blue-lol:
"I don't exagerate...I think big!"
Ryanie Wrote:I am looking at either Alberts or Midmar.

Forget the Cape. The Cape = wind and lots of it, that where the term windgat comes from. :blue-biggrin:

If you are choosing between the two I would go with Alberts. The SA record might come from Midmar but as you say, it is difficult to boat fish on that dam.

You have to seriously consider Goedertrouw (Probane), that would be my go to dam in the spawn.
The more I learn about fishing the more I realise
how much more I have to learn about fishing.
I'm with Jeremy... out of the choice of two I would take Alberts... but I would rather stay at Shakaland and fish Goedies!
Regards Rob
Vice President SABAA Natal
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal</a><!-- m -->
The only wind we have in the cape right now is from Bergie's lower extremity...a visit to Kwaggas or Brandvlei during the next few weeks will probably produce a personal best smallie....and it starts this weekend... :blue-biggrin:
smurf Wrote:The only wind we have in the cape right now is from Bergie's lower extremity...a visit to Kwaggas or Brandvlei during the next few weeks will probably produce a personal best smallie....and it starts this weekend... :blue-biggrin:

So what time are we leaving on sunday boet??? :blue-biggrin: :blue-cool: :blue-smile:
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
Thanks Guys..Alberts it is then. I will be off for two weeks :blue-cool: and will be making random arb posts(ALA ROB so expect pics of my burgers cappucinos and beers maybe the poor slobs at work can live vicariously through me for once will need some tips on how to make them really envious Rob :blue-biggrin: ) ... I am hoping to fish Goedies for the first time too. Would be great to go with someone with some local knowledge (*hint*) and hopefully improve my PB. Lionel has been a bit luke warm about a trip despite me offering to cover the costs :blue-sad:
smurf Wrote:The only wind we have in the cape right now is from Bergie's lower extremity...

Exactly what I was just saying, hence the term windgat. :blue-biggrin: :blue-badgrin:
BM...you heading out that way ...which dam you going to ?
hmmm Shakaland :blue-question:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.proteahotels.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=143&Itemid=13811">http://www.proteahotels.com/index.php?o ... emid=13811</a><!-- m -->

I have just check for the date you mentioned and it will be R3270 for 2 people.

If you want to go cheaper the other option is the B&B's in Eshowe and drive the 20km each day to the dam. I think you can get one for about R175-R200pp/n
I'm sure you will get a better price if you call and ask for the fisherman price!
Regards Rob
Vice President SABAA Natal
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal</a><!-- m -->
Im at Clan the 5th to 7th of August and fishing Qwaggas the 8th and the 9th I cant wait not worried about a PB just want to catch loads of fish.
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]