The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 613 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 654 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 701 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 749 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 801 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.18 (Linux)
File Line Function

Current time: 05-14-2021, 10:54 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

The Ridge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi guys, i'm new to this site,joined yesterday to be honest.

thought this site might boost my brain a bit.i'm fishing albert falls soon for the 1st time ever. i've did a bit of reading to get more info on the dam and the bass, and in every article i've read, they mentioned THE RIDGE? if anybody know's where this goldmine is could u please send me cordinates or in anyway possible show me where to find this spot. :blue-idea:
Hey Jacopever

Welcome to the forum, you gona have a good time here and there are PLENTY guys here from yourside of the world so sure they'll be giving you details soon.

Most of them talk crap, like the "the sharks are so wonderful" and that sort of nonesense but atleast the know what a big bass looks like. :blue-biggrin:

Froggy Froggy Froggy - my man - u's are a treading on dangerous ground there dude.
I have an idea :blue-idea: lets get all the BFSA boytjies together right - at some venue - we seperate into 2 teams - the BULLS and the SHARKS - one day tournament and one drinking -and lets put this matter to rest ONCE AND FOR ALL - cause the SHARKS WILL WUP THE BULL'S BUT !!!!!!!
NO CRYING ALLOWED WHEN THE RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED :blue-mad: :blue-lol: :blue-confused:
Jacopever Wrote:hi guys, i'm new to this site,joined yesterday to be honest.

thought this site might boost my brain a bit.i'm fishing albert falls soon for the 1st time ever. i've did a bit of reading to get more info on the dam and the bass, and in every article i've read, they mentioned THE RIDGE? if anybody know's where this goldmine is could u please send me cordinates or in anyway possible show me where to find this spot. :blue-idea:

The ridge sucks. I have often considered hiring a dozer and flattening the fricken thing when the lake drops below 50%. It makes one a very lazy angler. Just drag some bait up and down the ridge and you are bound to catch a bass. Find the skelem brush piles and your in business.

If you line the dam wall up behind you at 90 degs and drive towards the oposite bank you are bound to drive over it. Its one huge lump of earth that needs to be flattened. :blue-badgrin:
Tornado Wrote:Froggy Froggy Froggy - my man - u's are a treading on dangerous ground there dude.
I have an idea :blue-idea: lets get all the BFSA boytjies together right - at some venue - we seperate into 2 teams - the BULLS and the SHARKS - one day tournament and one drinking -and lets put this matter to rest ONCE AND FOR ALL - cause the SHARKS WILL WUP THE BULL'S BUT !!!!!!!
NO CRYING ALLOWED WHEN THE RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED :blue-mad: :blue-lol: :blue-confused:

thats cool, i dont like the bulls either :blue-badgrin:

Ok, whats this about one days drinking...geez im in guys...any bets :blue-badgrin: :blue-lol:
"I don't exagerate...I think big!"
Frogstar Wrote:"the sharks are so wonderful"

But they are :blue-evil:
The best day I have ever had at Albert’s was on “The Ridge”… but it was a very specific spot not far from the little trees… actually it was about 20 meters from where Ryan pulled that 5kg pig from to win the Albert Falls Charity event.

However the dam is really full so when we fish it this weekend it will be like a completely new dam for us… I have never fished it when it has been this full.

If you go to the dam on a weekend and you see people fishing in the middle of the dam that would be the Ridge. If there is no one in the middle of the dam it would mean the Ridge isn’t working.

There will be a lot of flooded vegetation now and that should be your first port of call… Albert’s is a difficult dam especially when you don’t know it… pay attention to WHERE you see others fishing.

If you are fishing Albert’s on Saturday then keep an eye out for us on the ESA Steez Triton and come say hello and ask for some advice.
Regards Rob
Vice President SABAA Natal
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal</a><!-- m -->
Tornado Wrote:one day tournament and one drinking -and lets put this matter to rest ONCE AND FOR ALL

:blue-rolleyes: and this suggestion from the same old whirling fart that publically stated on this site that he will "Never" try to drink with us youngster again!!! :blue-badgrin:
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Tornado Wrote:Froggy Froggy Froggy - my man - u's are a treading on dangerous ground there dude.

Bring it, Iam also in
One fish can change it all.....
Hey Jacopever. Welcome
Enjoy the site, its awesome!!

Isnt a Jacopever a pink colored fish, has the shaped almost of a bass and you catch it in the sea?????
One fish can change it all.....
thanks rob for the info, i have a map of alberts that was taken in 1970 before the dam wall was build, so there u can see all that is flooded now, i've figured out where the THE RIDGE must be , but it is a hell of a big piece of water to cover for the little time i have to find a hot spot.

thanks justy for your info, sounds like u hate that place?

looks like if u can find the stumps and brush u're in for it. well i'll give it my best shot and u'll be rewarded with pic's of THE RIDGE and it's residents if everything goes well!

jacopever started a while ago when we sat down to watch the esa saltwater programme on tv. they were fishing the cape waters for the famous jacopever. we then didn't know this fish at all(living in the province and fishing rock n surf for the last 100 years). so the moment they caught this misterious fish it was this bright red funny looking chunk of a fatty. then it all started! jacopever jou leka ding!!!!!!!!!
Jacopever Wrote:i've figured out where the THE RIDGE must be , but it is a hell of a big piece of water to cover for the little time i have to find a hot spot.

Jacopever there are many hot spots on the Ridge... you need to watch your electronics like a Hawk and if you have a Side Imager then you have a huge advantage at Albert’s.
Regards Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/SABAANatal</a><!-- m -->
Forget about the ridge and go straight to Kyalami bay!!

Fished there a week or so ago and got many fish there and the majority was over a kilo!!

Be sure to get yourself some baby bass/green pumpkin flukes or Strike King's Ztoo in Arkansa Shiner. The aforesaid baits did most of the damage - all fished weightless or with a veeeeeeeeeerrrry small split shot.

BTW - the trees on the ridge are all under water at the moment :blue-shock:
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Josvanheerden Wrote:Forget about the ridge and go straight to Kyalami bay!!

Serious! This is going to be an interesting outing at Albert’s... I have never fished it when it’s been full...

It’s funny... I have never had much luck in Kyalami but have heard of many good catches there... maybe Saturday will be a first for me in Kyalami... How far did you go into Kyalami Jos?
Regards Rob