Current time: 09-16-2021, 12:21 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

New bass website

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some months back there was a discussion about the need for a website containing information about bass fishing waters in South Africa: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1738&highlight=website">modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1738&highlight=website</a><!-- l -->.

I have been working on this as my development staff have the time and we have a working site up now <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gobassing.com">www.gobassing.com</a><!-- w -->. We have put up some sample dams and rivers and are in the process of populating the site with content but I'd be very keen to get feedback from the members of this site in terms of usability, content and layout, also what other features would be useful.

There is not much income to be made form a site like this in South Africa, we do plan to charge accommodation establishments for listing on the site eventually and the reason for the .com domain name is a long term goal of maybe expanding to cover the US, Mexico and Canada. So currently it's a labour of love, but eventually I envisage the site being a useful resource for bass fishing lakes and rivers worldwide.

Lets have your feedback, either in this forum or you are welcome to email me: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:chris@gobassing.com">chris@gobassing.com</a><!-- e -->, thanks guys and girls.
The gods do not deduct from a man's allotted span on this earth the hours spent in fishing ~Babylonian Proverb
Hey Chris

Looks great dude!! mmmm... Q and you should have a chat cause he is busy with a very similar project :blue-doubt:

Anyway, the site looks great boet, I wish you all of the best with the site and hope it does become another excellent resource to help us go bassing!
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
I like!!!! We have a need for that in SA. Looks pro....

If you need Info on limpopo dams I can help. Also have a lot of pics ect. of the dams and fish caught there. PM me if you need any.
One fish can change it all.....
It looks really good
August Wrote:If you need Info on limpopo dams I can help. Also have a lot of pics ect. of the dams and fish caught there. PM me if you need any.
Thanks August, I'll definitely be in touch for some information and pics.
The gods do not deduct from a man's allotted span on this earth the hours spent in fishing ~Babylonian Proverb
Hey chris, lekker site boet, and your models are great too!!! :blue-badgrin: :blue-lol: :blue-biggrin:
"I don't exagerate...I think big!"
Bergie Wrote:Hey chris, lekker site boet, and your models are great too!!! :blue-badgrin: :blue-lol: :blue-biggrin:
Aren't they just :blue-biggrin:

One of the features of the site is the "reviews" section, by clicking the "write review" button at the bottom of any page anglers can write about their personal experiences at a particular dam.

Please guys, use it and help to make gobassing.com relevant.
cool has lotsa potential. I think you need to add a subscribe form so you can email us updates!

let me know if you need ino as i got info for western cape
Very Nice! :blue-badgrin:
Thanks for the feedback and emails so far. I Really need your help to make this site work, I'm familiar with the Western and Eastern cape waters but have no experience of those elsewhere in the country. I want the content to be relevant and useful, that needs first hand information. I can get capacities and maps from various sources but I can't get info on the best structure to fish, what lures to use, launching facilities, safety etc, That is stuff that I would really really appreciate from the members of this site.

I'm looking for:

KZN: Albert Falls, Inanda, Goedertrouw, Midmar, Craigie Burn (any others? they will follow soon).
NW - Harties (others?)
Limpopo - Rust de Winter, Tzaneen
Mpumalanga - Witbank, Heyshope (does anybody fish there any more), Loskop (others?)
Freestate - any bass waters there, what about Vaal Dam?
Gauteng - Vaal River, Vaal Dam (any others)
Zim - Darwendale, Kyle, Mteri (any others, there must be plenty)
Moz - Chacamba (Justy?)

Any and all info will be appreciated, email me on <!-- e --><a href="mailto:chris@gobassing.com">chris@gobassing.com</a><!-- e -->, come on we'll all benefit from this project, I'm doing it because it's my passion, there's no money in it for me. Seadog has kindly agreed to send me info and pics on the Namibia bass lakes, who is willing to contribute on the above ones, any little bit of info willl help.
I'll give you some info and pics on Mteri, was there in August.

Frogstar Wrote:I'll give you some info and pics on Mteri, was there in August.
Thanks Frogstar, that will be much appreciated.
In limpopo you need ebenezer(only place for smallies in limpopo), middel letaba(big fish), nandoni(witch I know litttle about,but is becoming very popular),theres also mokolo witch is becoming popular(have never been there myself).

In Mpumalanga there is nyaka(witch I know very well,and is a lekka dam), kwena(hard fishing,wind like the cape, but big fish),klipkoppie(lekka dam), driekoppies(legend dam), witklip,pine lake ect.

I can help with ebies,tzn dam,nyaka and kwena. I know them well and will mail you some stuff.
One fish can change it all.....
Howzit Bassassin, looks good boet!!! Well done Aiiii!!