The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 613 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 654 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 701 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 749 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 801 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function

Current time: 06-25-2021, 03:53 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Mossback

Newbie looking for a tight line

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Gents -

Name is Brandon, I fish out of Emmarentia Dam (my home base). I have caught a few 800g to 1.2kg bass there over the last year or so, but over time I feel like I need to broaden my horizons in Gauteng. I know its a tired old question, but where oh where to next? I've heard good things about Bronkies and even Harties - are these dams still alive?

I'm sorry to be flogging a dead question so to speak, as all the best dams seem to be in KZN, but can anyone assist with some advice?

Looking forward to your responses!
Oh, and I've tried Gnu Valley. I fished there for a whole day, on all sorts of plastic, and all sorts of rigs and only ever caught a suntan... Sad
gaia222 Wrote:Oh, and I've tried Gnu Valley. I fished there for a whole day, on all sorts of plastic, and all sorts of rigs and only ever caught a suntan... Sad

Better than a cold. Wink
Fair point bassmar!
Hi gaia222, harties does well but you need a boat. best lures that I have found work for me are creature baits and every now and then spinner bait. if you want to make a weekend mission of it then it is well worth the trip to Rust de Winter but once again you need a boat also keep an eye on crocs there they don't seem to be shy , best lures weightless seneco and top water lures
Cheers, Thanks BB - I think Harties next on the hit list. Used to live in Kosmos many years ago, and would catch hundreds of 1kg bass that schooled around the docks at the waters edge. Will have to go check it out again.
And was it a decent catch!... ( the Sunburn that is :lol: ) .
I must say Gnu Valley was disappointing.

I went passed the Dam behind the Ruimsig Athletics stadium the other day and saw lots of activity .. two small bass got caught and tonnes of baby bass and perch in the water. Anyone else Fished there?
H There

I fished also once there at the athletics stadium, Caught one, +- 600gram. Think there would come out more.
Just watch your back if your fishing there alone.
there are a few Bass lodges in the Muldersdrift area and to magalies side. they are a bit over-fished, but the outing is still lekker.
Cheers, thanks Goose.
Hey bud, why don't you try Homestead lake in Benoni. I fish there often, some big boys that swim around there.

Tight lines.
I'm sitting here wishing I was out fishing.
homestead dam my home dam with plenty of good catch of up to 3kg that i got there...
middle dam in benoni
kleinfontein benoni across from escape boating
bloupan dam benoni
cinderella dam boksburg
then furthur away is dams like
boskop dam
bass lake
donalson
R50 dam alberton
to many to mension..
Hi my name is NUNO aka "the bassanator" from benoni and im a bassaholic....Wink
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://nunooviedo.wixsite.com/bassanator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nunooviedo.wixsite.com/bassanator</a><!-- m -->
THEOUTCASTS
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://outcastsfishingclub.wixsite.com/outcasts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://outcastsfishingclub.wixsite.com/outcasts</a><!-- m -->
Cheers, thanks WW and Nuno - what are you catching on in Homestead? and its been years since i was out there - is security an issue?
Hey Gaia,

Senco and brush hogs seem to work best, fishing is tuff tho.
I'm sitting here wishing I was out fishing.
@gaia222, whereabout at Emmerentia is a good spot and what lures work best?