The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 613 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 654 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 701 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 749 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 801 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.20 (Linux)
File Line Function

Current time: 06-25-2021, 03:23 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Mossback

Tresspassing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning all. I have not been on the site for a while now and it is a pity that I have to moan when I do :eusa_snooty:
Last Saturday someone by the name of Alex arrived on Applethwaite farm. He had already been to another farm without permission and was chased off. He launched his boat onto Applethwaite dam and started fishing!!!! he was confronted by farm security and asked if he had permission to be there. His answer was the "Mike" had given him permission. He could not tell them "Mike's" surname or where he lived. Farm management was contacted and I received an irate phone call from management asking me how I could give permission. I had no idea what he was talking about.Lucky for me he understood otherwise this would have caused major problems for both my wife who works for the farm and myself.I do not know who this person is and have never met him.I don't know where he gets the right to use my name to get himself out of trouble.He was charged with trespassing and his boat was inpuounded.I am afraid that all this has done is pissed off management which at the end of the day will only comprmise fishing on the dam for other peopleI hope that alex is happy with this outcome.Applethwaite is a private dam on private property and is not open to everyone.I myself have to pay to belong to the club so that I have use of the water!!! Guys Tresspassing will o0nly cause problems for everone SO STOP DOING IT!!!! Rest assured that anyone caught at Applethwaite will be charged and your boat and equipment WILL be inpounded.
Think about it.
Not good Mike. Good to hear that the necessary steps were taken.

Was great to meet you the other day with the Rotary Club guys.
Regards Robert Jacobs
A dam is a dam a river belongs to who then. This guy arriving there on prvate property not a good idea should have been shoot on site. Anyhow this river has a natural cause way and that belongs to us all including you Mike and the Managment of Appelthwaite you guys need to chill out this river is ours that means all of us not just a bunch of elitest who think because they have farm. next to the river that it belongs to them .
Then to top it all you need to be member to access this dam which is of coures not a problem if the dam belongs to ? and the river to us.

Should have confiscated Alex boat and car and all and see the publicity
Kingdon, I must agree with you on that. I also cant see how a river can be private property, I think all the kickboaters should find a place to legitimately launch from and paddle to appletwait river stretch and waive at the okes :lol:
B-B-B-BLACK BASS
Morning guys
I am not talking about the river system or the dam !!!It goes about gaining LEGAL access to the water.you cannot just drive on private property without permission to get on the waters.What would happen if I just walked through your garden so that I could get somewhere without asking?I fully agree that the water does not belong to anyone,I have been fighting this point for many years it goes about legal access!!!
All you have to do ASK!!!!! :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:
We have been down this road before: Who owns the river

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10990&hilit=who+owns+the+river" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10990&hilit=who+owns+the+river</a><!-- l -->
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
What should be made perfectly clear here is that( and those that know Appletwaite), the dam is smack in the middle of the applethwaite farm its self.

The river section feeding into Applethwaite is cut off at the weir where you are unable to get across into Appletwaite dam.... SO the only access to the dam is through Appletwaite farm premises its self. Without permision from all concerned (which has now totally been stuffed up) you will not get onto the dam.

The river section is also surrounded by farms and permisssion to get onto that section is also difficult and I know the one farmer will shoot at you.

My two cents worth without going into who owns what water...... ITS all about asking permission and NOT taking advantage as some arseholes do...

Bergie.
"I don't exagerate...I think big!"
Applebass Wrote:Morning guys
I am not talking about the river system or the dam !!!It goes about gaining LEGAL access to the water.you cannot just drive on private property without permission to get on the waters.What would happen if I just walked through your garden so that I could get somewhere without asking?I fully agree that the water does not belong to anyone,I have been fighting this point for many years it goes about legal access!!!
All you have to do ASK!!!!! :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

I agree with you 100% But what's the point of asking if we already know the answer. I've tried joining the Ski Club... They said nope unfortunately its not a option...
Bergie Wrote:What should be made perfectly clear here is that( and those that know Appletwaite), the dam is smack in the middle of the applethwaite farm its self.

The river section feeding into Applethwaite is cut off at the weir where you are unable to get across into Appletwaite dam.... SO the only access to the dam is through Appletwaite farm premises its self. Without permision from all concerned (which has now totally been stuffed up) you will not get onto the dam.

The river section is also surrounded by farms and permisssion to get onto that section is also difficult and I know the one farmer will shoot at you.

My two cents worth without going into who owns what water...... ITS all about asking permission and NOT taking advantage as some arseholes do...

Bergie.

I see your point oom Bergie.
But you can access from the N2 walk down the bank approx. 50m from the side (flood line) and be within your right... Even next to the dam and over the weir....
Just to clarify I don't access these waters... Just causing kak with the old timers..
Juba, you are going to give the old timers heart attacks........ :lol:
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
:evil:
Riprap Wrote:Juba, you are going to give the old timers heart attacks........ :lol:
I have never been there and don't know the policies , but I have to ask...

Who would be the right person to contact, in order to get permission? Or, would it just be a waste of time to ask?
Morning Sparky, clearly you have not read the thread properly boet.

Due to the last "tresspassing" incident NO ONE , other than the members of the Applethwaite Ski Club are now allowed to fish on the dam....

All becasue of one arsehole..... Sad but true...

Bergie.
"I don't exagerate...I think big!"
Wow its been years since I've been on this body of water... Such a shame that it comes down to this.....
[Image: outdoors.gif]