The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 613 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 654 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 701 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 749 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? - Line: 801 - File: inc/plugins/myadvertisements.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function

Current time: 09-17-2021, 09:36 AM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Mossback

Newer than new, well just about almost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(12-03-2018, 04:32 PM)Whiskers81 Wrote: Hi Jim,

Thank you for the info.

I'm starting off "cheap" like i did 10 odd years with fly fishing, Got a Shimano Stimula 7" rod with a Shimano Sienna 2500 reel. I went with 12lb mono line on this setup. And will actively starting testing and fishing after christmas (apparently retail aint for sissies!). I'm fortunate that I have some friends thats bait casting or spinning for bass already so I'm also using them for info along the way.

Ah, ok. So its a spinning set up. 

Wise choice to start with and good selection for the line. 

I like the smaller spinning reels, more comphy in the hands. Just make sure the spool is full to get casting distance. 
Mono can be a pain if you want to throw light mojo/texas rigs as mono floats. But you'll get the hang of it quickly and use slightly heavier weights to get the line down

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newer than new, well just about almost - by Jim_From_Zim - 12-09-2018, 08:54 AM