Current time: 10-19-2017, 07:28 AM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

BFSA KBT Team Comp Poortjieskloof results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So after what felt like years, the weekend of the BFSA KBT Team Competition at Poortjieskloof finally arrived.
Most of the field stayed at Guano Caves for the weekend where the atmosphere was very festive with everybody chomping at the bit to get on the water.
Unfortunately the only down side of the weekend was that Roy and I had to call of Sundays fishing due to some unfavourable weather predictions and make it a one day comp.
Saturday morning not so bright but early we all met at the gate and made our way down to the dam. We couldn’t have asked for a better start to the day, just a slight breeze now and then and some cloud cover.
Roy gave the go ahead to start fishing and the field spread to all corners of the dam. Clearly everybody had different ideas as to where the bass would be. Livewells were soon in the water boding well for the day’s fishing.
When it came to weigh in time, some guys were off the water for hours already while some were still trying their best to get the most out of the day. There were some really good size largemouth weighed in and for the first time in a KBT a smallmouth of 1.4kg caught by Michael.
Throughout the weigh in the only guys to leave the area were the ones fetching their livewells, everybody was really enjoying it which was great to see. With myself taking down the weights I could see it was going to be very close.
In the end it was the Chronic Masterbaiters with 18.26kg the ended on top followed by The A Team on 17.94kg and the Lunker Sluts with 17.81kg.

Chronic Masterbaiters
1 Pieter Piek 3.63kg
2 Malcolm Palmer 5.40kg
3 Jason Vorster 4.49kg
4 Jared Kruger 0.00kg
5 Micheal Eksteen 4.74kg Total 18.26kg

The A Team
6 Rory Heidmann 3.48kg
7 Craig Crossman 3.85kg
8 Kurt Blecha 3.92kg
9 Edwin Pentz 3.59kg
10 Quinton Venter 3.10kg Total 17.94kg

Lunker Sluts
11 Grant Snowball 2.28kg
12 Shane Crause 4.06kg
13 Jan Bruwer 3.86kg
14 Hendrik Brand 2.36kg
15 Byron Loubser 5.25kg Total 17.81kg

Team Madfish
16 Pieter van der Merwe 2.49kg
17 Dean vH 3.96kg
18 Shaldon Scheepers 4.43kg
19 Kobus Nel 0.67kg
20 Jaques Roux 3.48kg Total 15.03kg

Hawg Snatchers
21 Richard Blair 4.03kg
22 Roy de Wet 1.71kg
23 Jaco de wit 2.53kg
24 Barend Brand 2.28kg
25 Mike Waters 1.25kg Total 11.80kg

You will notice the weight of the Chronic Masterbaiters is different to what was announced at prize giving. Even with my paranoid double checking I still had a dyslexic moment with Micheal’s weight. Instead of 4.74kg I added 4.47kg. My apologies for that mistake on my side when adding up the weights.

Thank you to everybody there for making this such a great comp and to Roy for organising the accommodation at Guano Caves and putting this comp together.
Looking forward to the first official BFSA KBT of the season at Clanwilliam on the 19th and 20th September.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
BWG
some more photos
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Excellent report back on the event and well done to all those that had decent bags.Something that I did not realise until reading these numbers is that there was no point for a live fish included in the final tally of things,as is normally done in any of the other KBT events.According to the numbers of fish caught by each team,it would appear that there would have been another winning team had the 'point per live fish' method been utilised .Any reason for this change from the KBT Rules (Scoring System,Rule 9,1) ? And is this the way it is going to be done in the new season ? The reason for the question,besides the deviation from the current Rules,is :What penalty do you apply to someone that brings in a large dead fish as part of their bag ? Surely that is the whole reason to give a point for a live fish...keep them alive to gain maximum points.
Life is not about the number of breaths we make,but the moments that take our breath away.
Hi Smurf,

I cant remember 100% but Im fairly sure that it was always a weight only comp. But quite correct, if we were allocating points per live bass then the positions would have been different with the Chronics 3 short and I think there were one or two bags short of a limit.

When the normal KBT's start it will be business as usual like last season. Bag weight + point per live bass + 45 for 1st/44 for 2nd etc.
Well Done guys. :eusa_clap:
Looked like a cracker day with some awesome results.
Also did not realize till after the event that a point was not allocated per fish. I suppose lack of rules, captains meeting, competition format etc are something we've become used to in kickboating. In my mind a 'team event' would see team members doing their best to put their team mates into fish therefor ensuring a total 15 fish bag. Having one member catch a massive bag to compensate for lack of team participation takes the 'team' out of it. As bad as I now feel for my team members losing out on prize money, I suppose what is done is done. And as with no structure, committee, formal organisation I suppose these issues will continue to be accepted by the fools who so willingly part with their money each and every event. Anyway....Iv'e hung up my fins....bigger more rewarding fish to fry....peace....PS: Sunday was the best days fishing of my life! Absolutely miraculous that the wind and heavy rain seemed to disappear faster than our chances of day 2! No beef and nothing personal....just over it....

One last point....I've had a gazillion messages and phone calls complaining about certain issues....THIS is the time and place to air your grievances....stop being little bitches and help those running these events to make them better for all....
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
BWG
Thanks for that,but as one of the "Team Captains" of this event myself,I was never aware of the fact it was KG only,in fact,I assumed correctly that KBT Rules would apply.If I am mistaken and barking up the wrong tree,my humblest apologies,but it would appear that I am not the only one not aware of this deviation from the current rules.Was it ever put onto the forum as such ?
Life is not about the number of breaths we make,but the moments that take our breath away.
I agree with Smurf, although this was a Team event it was still after all KBT event and as such all the KBT rules should be applied, INCLUDING the scoring system.
Rory Wrote:One last point....I've had a gazillion messages and phone calls complaining about certain issues....THIS is the time and place to air your grievances....stop being little bitches and help those running these events to make them better for all....
My gosh,this is turning into a can of worms.I have to agree with you though Rory,this is the place to put up a grievance,comment, as well as a compliment,if you genuinely have one,and not parade in the background with a long face and whisper your grievances with your mates.I firmly believe in consistency,and openness when dealing with a bunch of people,and likewise from them to me.
Fully agree with Smurf and Rory. The whole reason we drafted the rules was to avoid situations of uncertainty.
Starting off the season with another dispute isn't great in any way.
I was also very disappointing at day 2 being cancelled without even consulting the captains. Turned out to be a prefect fishing day
Let me make one thing clear....the BFSA kick boat trail belongs to those who compete in it. Without the competitors and organisers there is no series. I commend Roy and Malcolm for putting up with the amount of kak they do. Really. Everyone has issues and nobody EVER has the balls to say anything. How is it going to change or get better or even continue if you don't work together?
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
BWG
Geez guys this was just a fun team event and has nothing to do with the season.

But it blows my mind that there are always a lot to say and complaints after an event but not one angler is man enough to approach me and raise their concerns its always amongst each other all I can say is grow a pair and if the shoe fits wear it.

If one of you would like to run the rest of the season and do a better job please tell me, I have had enough I would like to be on the other side of the fence and complain at you the whole time and scrutinise everything you do!!!

Don't worry this is my last season of organising the KBT and I could not be more happy
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
I am done ill repeat it I am done organise your own damn KBT season I will be a fisherman at Clan its now up to the owner of BFSA to nominate a organiser and weigh master!
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
Roy Wrote:Geez guys this was just a fun team event and has nothing to do with the season.
This was a fun team event,until R5000 got involved.Then it got serious and the teams were there not to just have a jol,which they did,but the real point was to get that prize.
But my question initially was 'why was the system of scoring not done as per KBT rules' ? I don't give a crap who won or who should have won,the minute money was taken to enter this event,it became serious business and some people,shame for them for not yet speaking up,have lost out.
#Paybackthemoney :lol:
B-B-B-BLACK BASS