Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Posting pictures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi fellow BFSA members

It has been a while since I have made a post or two..I hope you are all keeping well and doing a bit of fishing before the real winter sets in, pitty Wriggleswade's fishing isn't going so great at the moment otherwise I'd be out there lol :lol:

Anyway I was wanting to ask for some help on using pictures along with a post or write up, like you guys normally do on a 'report back' of a comp or club outing. I believe it involves the word 'embedding'

If anyone could give me some advice on how to go about doing this I would greatly appreciate it!

Luke
(SwtBeaver)
BWG
Rip,you going to have to divulge how I master the art of posting pictures :blue-biggrin:
Life is not about the number of breaths we make,but the moments that take our breath away.
This is going to be good :blue-lol:
Two ways

Easiest is just to use the upload attachement bit on the bottom of a Full Editor post window. It automatically resizes the pics for you. You then use the buttons below the picture to place the pics inline in your text.

Second way is more difficult as you have to resize pics first down to the minimum size required by the forum. Then load it to your gallery. Then you copy and paste the whole bit in the block on the right of the pic starting and ending with [img]...[/img]
[Image: 20160425%20All%20Sponsors%20Footer.png]
I also seem to have trouble with this - thinking maybe there is still some functionality missing from the last round of downtime....?

If I remember correctly, there was a tab at the bottom of the full post editor option page next to the options tab - when I look at the site now, this tab is gone...

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

The other way around it tedious. I use Paint in my start menu to do the resizing down to 460 pixels and then upload into my gallery.

Any thoughts?
Lucky Luke, our power is back so herewith:

Smurf does it the easy way.......beep beep on whattsapp and I see some pics from smurf. Then I have to go to the forum to see where he wants them and insert them as follows.

Don't know why Kassie's screenshot didn't show it but next to "options" is a shaded box "upload attachment". Here you can upload direct from your pc, flash, etc. Once you are done writing your post, click your cursor where you want the pic to appear in the post, insert it and it will and will resize automatically.
Click "preview" to adjust spacing and check etc and then submit. Presto.

How's this weather hey!!!!
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
BWG
Kassie - I had a look at your user settings and there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to upload attachments......?? What browser are you using?
Hi Rip,
I have the same problem I have to use the long way

Second way is more difficult as you have to re-size pics first down to the minimum size required by the forum. Then load it to your gallery. Then you copy and paste the whole bit in the block on the right of the pic starting and ending with [img]...[/img]
Riprap Wrote:Kassie - I had a look at your user settings and there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to upload attachments......?? What browser are you using?

Google Chrome.

As I said - I USED to be able to upload via that tab - but this site went down not so long ago - and since then, that tab has not reappeared.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I attached this with your permissions......hang on lets take a look. Sorry, my permissions.......
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5836</a><!-- l -->

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5575</a><!-- l -->
The more I learn about fishing the more I realise
how much more I have to learn about fishing.
How ironic. The pics have disappeared from these two FAQ posts. :blue-biggrin:
The more I learn about fishing the more I realise
how much more I have to learn about fishing.
BWG
Guys, do me a favour. Log in, go to user control panel ------- board preferences --------- edit display options ---------- and check that "display images within posts" is checked "yes"?
Hi Rip,
Checked is as you indicated 'Display Images' = yes
Still not working!
Thanks guys! Will give it a shot soon, been quite busy with all the studying :eusa_wall:
Just thought I'd share that my "Upload Attachment" tab has returned - magically and mysteriously.
Thank you to whomever is responsible - I know I never touched any settings from my side

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]