Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Policy on items for sale

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Guys

This is not to cause issues, just need some clarification on the policy of this site regarding posting items for sale.

Recently I had a post of mine deleted along with all the leads it generated . I reposted it and a few days later it was deleted again. which was disappointing to say the least, so much so that I couldn't be bothered anymore.

I appreciate that you don't want to turn this into a classifieds site but the deletion of such posts do make this site less useful as Firstly it is pointless posting anything for sale and secondly i need not return to this site if Im looking for something someone might be selling as there isn't anything.

There also seems to be no transparency as some post seem to stick around even posts by one hit wonders getting more benefit out of the site than a user that has been here for 7 years. Some of the examples below are from people who never contribute one thing to this site except forsale items.

Again this not to point fingers at the posters of such but the need for clarification and transparency from admins:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11364</a><!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11385</a><!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11363</a><!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11343" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11343</a><!-- l --> from a guy with only 9 posts
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=11386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=59&t=11386</a><!-- l --> from someone with 1 post
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11073</a><!-- l -->

Most forums allow classifieds, and only users who contribute to the site regularly are able to post items for sale.

BFSA
I assume my Viking boat ad at the bottom of your list is there by mistake? I purchased that boat through this site....then made 700 odd posts....then resold it through the site.... :eusa_think:
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
All posts in the "Items for Sale" disappear after a few days.
However if you post a item for sale in another forum topic, like Rory's bass boat then it stays unless someone from admin digs it out and deletes it.
Rory Wrote:I assume my Viking boat ad at the bottom of your list is there by mistake? I purchased that boat through this site....then made 700 odd posts....then resold it through the site.... :eusa_think:

No it wasn't by mistake. My post was deleted and Ive made almost 1600 posts. So it hasnt got anything to do with post count obviously. Your ad stayed for almost 20 days befor it got sold. If the same rules applied to your post as it did to mine it would have been deleted a week later.

This is why im looking for some clarification.

Frogstar, some time back and I can't find the wall posts relative to this, BM announced why the "items for sale" thread will only store posts for a certain period of time before being purged. He gave the reasoning behind this and I'm sure he will once again on this thread.

That aside, I have noticed that guys are posting items for sale in other threads which don't get purged which then obviously stick and obviate the reasoning behind the purging in the first case! I'm not convinced that the system is fool proof in the first place as there is a back door and one would "expect" to look for items in the "for sale" threads........dunno hey.

Many posts are deleted for newbies coming straight out into items for sale. I just suspect that these have been missed and I can take a look at them if you like? Haven't opened the links yet.

I would suggest that ADMIN revisit this issue or rather I request that members concerns be looked into. Thanks.
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
Frogstar Wrote:
Rory Wrote:I assume my Viking boat ad at the bottom of your list is there by mistake? I purchased that boat through this site....then made 700 odd posts....then resold it through the site.... :eusa_think:

No it wasn't by mistake. My post was deleted and Ive made almost 1600 posts. So it hasnt got anything to do with post count obviously. Your ad stayed for almost 20 days befor it got sold. If the same rules applied to your post as it did to mine it would have been deleted a week later.

This is why im looking for some clarification.

Oh okay understood....Marmaduke and Rip's response above should clarify....
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
BFSA
Posts in the for sale area get purged every 10 days or so. If they are in another area and not in the for sale area and I see them I will delete them no matter how long they have been there.
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
Riprap Wrote:Frogstar, some time back and I can't find the wall posts relative to this, BM announced why the "items for sale" thread will only store posts for a certain period of time before being purged. He gave the reasoning behind this and I'm sure he will once again on this thread.

That aside, I have noticed that guys are posting items for sale in other threads which don't get purged which then obviously stick and obviate the reasoning behind the purging in the first case! I'm not convinced that the system is fool proof in the first place as there is a back door and one would "expect" to look for items in the "for sale" threads........dunno hey.

Many posts are deleted for newbies coming straight out into items for sale. I just suspect that these have been missed and I can take a look at them if you like? Haven't opened the links yet.

I would suggest that ADMIN revisit this issue or rather I request that members concerns be looked into. Thanks.

That does seem to be the case. The this site desperately needs a sticky. posting a policy like that on a wall post inst practical.

It seem some of the Admins forgot about their own forsale posts :blue-biggrin: Just kidding.

a revisit on the current policy would be refreshing.

BM, there are many and I suspect thus Frogstars concerns.
bassmaster Wrote:Posts in the for sale area get purged every 10 days or so. If they are in another area and not in the for sale area and I see them I will delete them no matter how long they have been there.

fair enough, thanks BM. A re look at the policy would be awesome for usefulness. I think if you update the forum software it will be able to manage a large aspect of this issue automatically.

One hit wonders you say!!!!!!!

So if i have posted a 1000 posts i am part of that group that can make comments like this? I do not sit on the group whole day and chat or give my two cents on any post. I enjoy the group and like reading the post not intending to comment on it.

The group helped me to sell my boat and there is a happy fisherman out there.
I think you are miff that your posts have been deleted. I enjoyed the time i have been on the group but people like you make me rather leave the group.

Ps . I do not manage the posts on the group, so maybe you need to clear it up with them before making posts like this.
BFSA
Chill pill fred. Chill. Holy cow. Im not sure why you flying off the handle on a post that is not about you? I think you completely missed the point of my post im affraid.

My post was not directed at you but at the admins as i painfully tried to explain because i knew someone might get hot under the collar. And Sadly I was not wrong.

You got the complete wrong end of the stick.

Re read my post please.:

This is not to cause issues, just need some clarification....
Again this not to point fingers at the posters of such but the need for clarification and transparency from admins....

If I must explain this is an example of a one hit wonder i was actually referring to: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=11386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=59&t=11386</a><!-- l -->

If you knew me you would know im not the type of person you are implying that i am.

Ironically enough it's posts like yours that keep me away from this site. However I understand that it is a misunderstanding and i don't take things personally.

I will not be drawn into an argument especially after all my disclaimers.

Hi Fred, I'm afraid you have taken this matter right out of contrast and Frogstar has had to counter unknowningly which was not his intended action in the original post......please correct me if I'm wrong?

The net being what it is and written script being what it is, I have no doubt that you two could sort out any indifferences eye to eye over a six pack or so and thus no need for this tiddlywinks the rest of us have to read and endure.

Lets rather deal with the matter at hand and dare I say friendships aside, set a ground rule that everyone is aware of and which is enforced. This alone will negate any ping pong arguments. It's no secret that rules in this modern era are there for the flaunting and not taken seriously and it's a shame on modern humanity how discipline has gone for a ball........! :roll:
HI Frogstar
I was just a little bit upset when i saw this post.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11364

This is my boat witch i ask Robert to help me with the post for did not know how.
I do not want any argument from my side i am sorry if i took if up incorrectly.
Hi Fred.

No problem. I have misred posts many times too before. I hope you understand the angle of my original post and that it's not about who posted but why the for sale post was not deleted after the determined 'set' period. Your for sale post is actually irrelevant as the boat was sold well within the 'set' period so doesnt really matter if it was deleted or not :blue-redface:

I really hate these posts that cause dissension and do regret having started it.