[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
BFSA
Where is Brakkeduine Dam?
Real men smoke Shimano's!
MoJo Wrote:Where is Brakkeduine Dam?
Hi Mojo it is near Oyster Bay in the Eastern Cape.

Might I add guys this is a very well run comp and has a really good social vibe! I fished it in Jan this year and had a blast, If i can make it to this one I will be there.
Looks good. Any other Cape Town boys thinking of making the mission?
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
A bump up for our PE comrades.
Another bump up for this fantastic comp taking place this coming weekend and hosted by those friendly chaps in the windy city.
BFSA
I hear the R50K tagged fish was caught........?
Rip or anyone else, do you have any pics or report backs on the above comp for us?
[Image: outdoors.gif]
I can confirm that the tagged fish was caught and the 50k won. I will ask my brother to see if somebody can post pics
There is a video up on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/bassingec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/bassingec</a><!-- m --> showing the tagged fish
Shot Mick
[Image: outdoors.gif]
BFSA
On behalf of our fellow partners in crime down in the windy city, herewith the details of the 2016 Classic due to be held over the first weekend of February. Come join us, the fishing is superb there at the moment!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Well well, a couple of us made the long trek down to Brakkeduine for the weekend. What a well run comp and limited to 80 entrants. Lots of juniors and many woman anglers too. Unfortunately the organizers can't control the dam level and the wind nor the difficult bite on what is really a remarkable fishery.

I don't want to detract from their report backs but some quick info:
Georg Forg won the biggest fish and the R10k prize. He took ill on the first day and didn't even compete on the second day!
A 12 yr old youngster from Albany angling club caught the tagged fish (1.275 odd) and scooped the R50k prize!! Apparently the unclaimed tagged fish from two years back was caught three times over Xmas and last year the tagged fish was also caught.
There was also a special prize in the veterans section - 55yrs +. PLEASE PLEASE don't guess entrants ages and especially woman.................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done East Cape Bassmasters.
Thanks for the report Rip. I remember the Clanwilliam summer bass classic having a tagged fish prize but no angler ever caught the fish.
I think this is the first time I've heard of a angler winning a tagged fish cash prize.
Congrats to Junior
Well done to all the prize winners! Definitely putting this comp on my to-do list to fish one day!
Regards
Robert Jacobs