Current time: 10-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

KBT Provost Results 4 Oct 2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The KBT was held on Saturday and I was very pleasantly surprised at the attendance numbers and the amount of fish that come out. Even although not all a great size but quite a few fish none the less.

We all met at the meeting spot as usual and headed to the farm. A short while later we were at the waters edge setting up and ready to roll. Unfortunately there was a fairly harsh wind blowing towards the launch bank, so we kicked against the wind from the word go. Which at the end of the day was not that bad as just lifting and relaxing your legs sent you in the direction of home....

My day was spent on one spot which I thought was good and had never really fished much before. It almost paid off for me and if I was on top of my game and never dropped some good fish I may have finished higher than 6th. Never the less another lesson learned.

Congratulations to the guys who finished in the money, again quite a close finish at the end of the day.

First place was taken by Dewald Vos with his bag of 2.74kg's. Very well done on the win! Second place went to Edwin Pentz with a close second of 2.52kg's and then 3rd again went to Richard with his bag of 2.34kg's. Again well done guys.

Thank you to everyone for their great support. Some awesome prize money is being won and new friends being made. A great event to attend indeed.

See you guys soon again.

Please download the final results below:
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
BWG
Well done guys! Some nice bags for the dam. Nice field once again.
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
Well done to the top guys. Solid bags for that dam. Looking forward to catching up with all at the next one.
Live in the Moment...
Hey lekke bra!
Well done poh!
I did so bad, I fell of the list, haha (probably because I was late, no worries). I stuck with my proven lures in the same conditions in that dam and it didn't payoff. Couldn't find a pattern after that. Miffed.

Well done to the winners. It was fun seeing you all again and chatting.

Just a question about scoring. I don't want to take away the glory from my friend Paul for catching the biggest fish. But when scores are the tied, what determines the position? Bag size or biggest fish?
Q Wrote:I did so bad, I fell of the list, haha (probably because I was late, no worries). I stuck with my proven lures in the same conditions in that dam and it didn't payoff. Couldn't find a pattern after that. Miffed.

Well done to the winners. It was fun seeing you all again and chatting.

Just a question about scoring. I don't want to take away the glory from my friend Paul for catching the biggest fish. But when scores are the tied, what determines the position? Bag size or biggest fish?

Hi Q

The no 10 and 11 position needs to be swopped around its an error on Shanes behalf a three fish bag will determine the position as you will get 2 more points.
BWG
Thanks again for the organisers! It was a tough day and by the end of the day the wind had really taken its toll on me. Luckily 20 minutes before the end a 1,95kg bass sneaked off with my 8 inch grub and I was able to restore some dignity as my other catch was "te min" and didn't reach the 30 cm line.

P.S.

Q raises a good point.
Well done guys! Looks like Provost continues its tough fishing rep.
[Image: Dreamfish.jpg]
Sorry about the mess up on the score sheet... have uploaded the new one..

Some stats so far for the KBT:

Total Fish Caught: 122
Total Bag weight: 149.8kg's
Biggest fish: 2.88kg's
Biggest bag: 6.75kg's
Total Prize money given out: R11200.00!!!

Awesome start to the season!
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
Congratulations to everyone who made bag, the guys in the money and the organizers.

Are we going to see a report back from the winner? Dewald? :blue-biggrin:
Needing some advice from the old hands at this game...the flippers that I use are KILLING me,I have blisters on top of blisters.What is the best way to prevent this ?My one foot was bleeding so badly in the water I could swear it was attracting terapins because they kept surfacing right next to me...I even tapped one on the head on Sat with my rod tip to move it away !
Life is not about the number of breaths we make,but the moments that take our breath away.
BWG
smurf Wrote:Needing some advice from the old hands at this game...the flippers that I use are KILLING me,I have blisters on top of blisters.What is the best way to prevent this ?My one foot was bleeding so badly in the water I could swear it was attracting terapins because they kept surfacing right next to me...I even tapped one on the head on Sat with my rod tip to move it away !

Hi Richard

I had the same issue when I just started I changed to strap clip fins and booties I got from W.E.T Sport and have not looked back.

Talk to me when you looking to make a change.
Hey Smurf. I had the same issue before. I since opted for slightly bigger adjustable flippers and wear neoprene booties under them...no more problems.
[Image: Dreamfish.jpg]
Thanks guys,I will get me some of those.
Life is not about the number of breaths we make,but the moments that take our breath away.
Maybe you're just falling apart at the seams?

I have the normal flippers that fit me properly and have no issues.