Current time: 01-16-2018, 03:20 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Bass Digest July 2014 Issue 9 Now Available

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the latest edition of Bass Digest click here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://joom.ag/UEab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://joom.ag/UEab</a><!-- m -->

Our July edition of Bass Digest is a Tribute to Editor in Chief Mohammed Shahid Ebrahim. The sudden and tragic passing of this great man has left a void in numerous lives of people that crossed his path.

We start off this issue with an entire tribute section from friends and family. We collected all the kind words received from people over the past few weeks and popped them into this segment. Thank you to everyone for your support, not only to Bass Digest, but the support given to Shahid's family during this hard time.

Then Roy de Wet from the Western Cape takes us through fishing with squarebills, and shares some of his know how.

Fran Myers takes us through his preparations for his up and coming trip to South Africa.

Our “Top Tip” this month is kindly shared with our readers by Stephen Kolenic.

Last but not least, we have Marc Bywater from the Western Cape featuring in our "Know Your Pro's" segment. Marc takes us through some of his experience as he shares some tips and advice in becoming a competitive angler.

Enjoy!

Keep the good times rolling

Ed.

[Image: ScreenShot2014-07-03at32605AM_zps97831251.png]
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
BFSA
Cool, thanks Brent, a special edition indeed.
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
I know it was a tough and emotional job this month to get it done. Hats off to you Brent!
[Image: 20160425%20All%20Sponsors%20Footer.png]
Condolences to the team and family. Thanks for this special edition Brent, great mag!!
[Image: outdoors.gif]
Congrats on yet another great issue Brent! We know how hard this one must have been for you guys and appreciate all your efforts. Very well done to you and your team bru
[Image: outdoors.gif]
Another great issue, Good interview with Mr Bywater :blue-biggrin:
BFSA
Great issue Brent. :eusa_clap:
What a great tribute to Mohammed...he is going to leave a void in many lives.I am gathering from the tributes that something sudden and tragic took place while he was fishing,and if it is at all possible,to share the circumstance around his passing.There are tons of anglers out there who may read of his accident,learn something from it and prevent it from perhaps happening to themselves.Once again,great tributes and another great read.
Life is not about the number of breaths we make,but the moments that take our breath away.
Am I missing something?
Was looking at bass digest and see Oct was the the last issue
Is there Nov & Dec issues?
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
No new issues were created.
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately it got a bit much for a single person (myself) to continue compiling the monthly issues after Shahid passed away. Towards the end of last year things got a bit hairy at work and my time became increasingly scarce.

I had to put Bass Digest on the back burner to regain some personal/family time.

If anyone is keen on continuing with Bass Digest and willing to put in the necessary hours you are more than welcome to contact me 0828670500 and we can do a hand-over of sorts.
BFSA
Hi Brent. Inevitably, that's the way things sometimes go. I'm sorry to hear that but everything happens for a reason and there must be one! As good as the publication was, the people behind it are even more important.
I see no-one ever took Brent up on his offer to continue with the Bass Digest.
One thing I did notice is after the ground breaking work Shahid (RIP) and Brent did at least 3 other publications in the same format saw the light.

I am sure it just a matter of time and then the Bass Digest will rise again.
Riprap Wrote:I see no-one ever took Brent up on his offer to continue with the Bass Digest.

There were a few interested parties. However time eluded them as much as it did me.

Navrik Wrote:One thing I did notice is after the ground breaking work Shahid (RIP) and Brent did at least 3 other publications in the same format saw the light.

I am sure it just a matter of time and then the Bass Digest will rise again.

This was the initial intention Shahid and I had behind Bass Digest, and if anything I am proud that it pushed alternate publications into a more digital capacity.

For now Bass Digest is dormant, however is still available to anyone that is interested in running with it.