Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Very sad day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From FB (Posted by Brent):

"It is with an inordinate amount of sadness and with an extremely heavy heart to announce the sudden passing of Mohammed Shahid Ebrahim

My fishing partner, my business partner, my mentor, my friend, and a man I consider to be a brother.

You leave behind a massive void in mine and the lives of the people you touched. You will always carry a special place in mine and my families hearts.

Shahid's family is in our thoughts and prayers through this tragic time.

Rest well my friend and peace be with you..."

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Shahid is Bassaholic on the BFSA forum and editor of the Bass Digest online magazine. We became friends when Brent asked him to do my personal interview before I was chosen to represent BWG in the Western Cape. He would phone me to have supper every time he came to Cape Town on business and his passing leaves a big hole in my heart!

He was an absolute ambassador for the sport and even gave up his Pro Staff status with BWG when he became Editor of the Bass Digest which to me is a sign of this integrity.

RIP our dear friend. We will miss you.
[Image: 20160425%20All%20Sponsors%20Footer.png]
BFSA
That is a sad loss for the bassing community and Bass Digest , condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.....
Live life.......fish hard.
Visit my FB page Go Bassing Eastern Cape
VERY sorry to hear that, my condolences to his family and to all of you who were his friends.
Hard to believe, we spoke a week or so ago regarding an article. Hectic
Very hard to believe, Thanks for all you have done with the bassing community.

My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
So sorry to hear of Shahids passing. I never got the chance to meet him but from what I picked up he loved bass fishing and put a lot of effort and his time into our sport. Very sad news indeed.

Rest in peace Shahid.
[Image: outdoors.gif]
I am in shock, I spoke to him in the week, I have no words.
My sincere condolences to his family and to Brent I know you guys were very close.

This is truly very sad news.
BFSA
Rest in peace brother....
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
Truly sad news. Like I said on facebook, his passion for bassfishing was inspiring! Bass Digest was only one of the testoments to that and working with him and brent on that truly oshowed his passion and good nature! You will be missed!
One fish can change it all.....
Terrible to hear of the passing... Condolences to the family. He was a super nice guy!
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
From my family and the Ebrahim family we would like to thank everyone for their kind words... Shahid was laid to rest today in Bakerton Springs.

In times of tragedy we are reminded of our own mortality and how fragile life really is. Shahid was at peace doing what he loved most and that was fishing when our maker called on him.

Peace be with you my brother and I hope you are graced with paradise beyond comprehension.

[Image: BassaResized_zps180accdb.jpg]
Sad indeed, my condolences to all. Brings to mind what someone told me just recently; we are all going to pass on but we don't all live......
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
BFSA
Morning All, I worked with Shahid up in Joburg at HI FI Corp, the first time I told him I went bass fishing we spoke for 2 hours. We started with a monster bass boat, my brother law and I and he told me we will upgrade within 6 months because we will get hooked and boy did we. I remember on Rust De Winter we could not catch a fish, Shahid and his partner already had a monster bag. We asked him what he was using , he then proceeded giving us 4 flukes he specially coloured for the comp. We ended up with our biggest bag ever in 2 hours. he knew how to fish!
“A Fisherman’s Prayer”

I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord’s great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in his mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
riprap Wrote:“A Fisherman’s Prayer”

I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord’s great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in his mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

Wonderful thought and prayer
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
From Paul Perreria:

Hi Guys and gals,

Bass Digest will make the July issue a "Memorial issue" in honour of Shahid.
Along with the extended online issue, a limited number of hard copies will be printed and handed to the family as a momento.

We would like you to send us your fishing tales, any memories, encounters, trips, or interaction that you had with Shahid which was a lasting memory. Send pics along if you have any. Send us absolutely anything you would like to share with everyone else and his family.

Or send us your message of condolence, message of encouragement, or whatever you would like for the Memorial issue. PLEASE make sure you add your name and city/town/country.

I think this will go a long way to showing his family what an outstanding example he was to us and the bass fishing community, and a lasting momento for them.

Please send it to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:brent@bassdigest.co.za">brent@bassdigest.co.za</a><!-- e -->

PS - Mediaworx have kindly donated 5 x fishing shirts which we will personalise for 5 of their family members as a momento - Thank you guys!!

Should you / your company wish to contribute in any way, please also let us know, or send us an email.

Brent 082-867-0500
Paul 083-637-8084

THE DEADLINE IS 25th JUNE, so please get cracking!!!
[Image: 20160425%20All%20Sponsors%20Footer.png]