Current time: 04-22-2021, 06:27 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Arabie Tips

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well my B day is coming up and my bass fishing wife agreed to a weekend at Arabie. As luck would have it the C4C is there too that weekend. Anyone got some tips?

General feeling is go south towards the river but if I eyeball Google maps I can see some quality humps and structure with deep water for winter near the dam wall. My gut is telling me go there but fellow anglers with experience of the dam suggest the exact opposite... its quite a run down to the river. It is also heart of winter and I would think farming shallows wouldn't be a great idea.

Any input would be appreciated Smile
"At night when I go to sleep.... I count Bass instead of sheep!"
Hey

What weekend is this?

The river is traditionally a great spot but when the dam is firing the wall side will produce good fish.

If you can prefish that would help.

Also try really see where they are sitting......at this dam you often get a pattern within a pattern. They may be in 10ft on trees but it is a lone tree or near a particular grass etc.

Don't be scared to crank in the thick stuff.........crank can often be deadly in the trees.

Lastly....a particular tree will often refill. Go back after a fish and you may find that magic spot.
Hi Bob

Thanks for the input. I will be pre-fishing on the Saturday.
Its the weekend of the 27-29th. Would have to take some extra juice for the boat as up to wall and down to river will be long runs Smile

This is the LP c4c.
Fishing In-House Club Classic next weekend so message me if you need some info.

This cold spell won't help but I have seen some great catches throughout winter at this dam.
Cool will do , I think you will have some valuable insight after your comp Smile
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8744&p=124595#p124595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8744&p=124595#p124595</a><!-- l -->

maybe this would help..
peace,love and bassing.
Hi Bob ,
How did the comp go at Arabie? Any tips ?

Regards