Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Fish dying

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howzit Guys
This weekend I fished boskop near Potch. Wasnt a great days fishing but think the weather played its part. I was a bit bothered by a large amount of dead or dying carp. Not that I mind to much that the carps are dying, I still find it concerning that there are so many that is dead and wondered if anyone has some insight, as this is one of the cleanest bodies of water I know. They seem to be the only species affected (very weird). I must have seem 30 fish around the dam that was dead already. I saw a couple more that was on their way. The one you could see had an issue with its eyes, it was poping out, and you could see it was blind already, I could tap it with my fishing rod and it would just slowly cruise off. I took a pick of one floating by.

August, max size for images now is 480 pixels wide so I have resized it and include here. If you upload a pic from your pc it's not that serious a problem and resizes automatically. Rip.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
One fish can change it all.....
BFSA
What was the water temp August?
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
This weekend at between 22.7 an 23.1 C
One fish can change it all.....
I saw the same thing with bass on Theewater ... strange!
The Big carp in Groenvlei die off after their spawn and also when the water level rises, possibly something to do with a change in Ph maybe??
Also saw some big dead blue kurper and a bass which was at least a week old. Notice how the mud on the bottom of Groenvlei stinks so much!?
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
BFSA