Current time: 11-23-2017, 11:32 AM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Plastic colour vs. water colour?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m not sure if there is a post about this topic. Anyway can you guys help with the colour plastic that will be used in the deferent colours of water?
BWG
Clear water / Light (natural) colours
Stained water / Darker colours
Sorry to invade... we were fishing Groenvlei and focusing on natural colours due to the clear water when my good friend said "what's more natural than black?" this raised a good question... would black fall into the `natural' category?
[Image: Dreamfish.jpg]
ahhh a conundrum..
dreamfish Wrote:Sorry to invade... we were fishing Groenvlei and focusing on natural colours due to the clear water when my good friend said "what's more natural than black?" this raised a good question... would black fall into the `natural' category?

By my thinking (odd at times) I'd say black is a natural colour. Mozambique Tilapia can be quite dark almost black sometimes and also Mr Whiskers is quite dark.

I use it in clear and dirty water...Clear matching the hatch and in dirty it creates a good silhouette for the bass to lock on to
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Match the colour of the bottom ,not the water.
BWG
use different colors i caught fish with plastics different to what everyone says i have used black and junebug in clean water and dirty water shallow deep and the same goes for natural colors

remember bass don't read our magazines so they don't know what we are doing LOL

put a lure any color 3" in front of a bass and 7 out of 10 times he will nail it weather hungry or irritated doesn't matter to me.

my 2c worth
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Fully agree..just think with unknown waters Dark/stained, Clean/natural is a good starting point.
CrankbaitCarl Wrote:Match the colour of the bottom ,not the water.

Inanda is like beach sand. I think i need to find some similar coloured worms.
The more I learn about fishing the more I realise
how much more I have to learn about fishing.
Jeremy Wrote:
CrankbaitCarl Wrote:Match the colour of the bottom ,not the water.

Inanda is like beach sand. I think i need to find some similar coloured worms.

What would be the reasoning behind this? :blue-question:
[Image: Dreamfish.jpg]
@Jeremy, pumpkinseed or pearl white, worked for me there....
@ Dreamfish....experience......
BWG
CrankbaitCarl Wrote:@Jeremy, pumpkinseed or pearl white, worked for me there....
@ Dreamfish....experience......

LOL or just being older than the dams you fish :blue-biggrin:
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
Experience beats the hell out of textbooks any day. :blue-smile:
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
riprap Wrote:Experience beats the hell out of textbooks any day. :blue-smile:

I have to give credit where it is due I was fortunate to fish with CBC a good few times and what I learnt on those trips you cannot find in any book.
Thanks Ou Ballie
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
Someone posted this on another forum.

Choosing the right colour
Choosing the right color lure to suit the water condition, overhead condition and forage you are fishing is not to easy when you start out in this sport. These colour recommendations i am about to post is not my own but that of the KVD as printed in "Tight lines" many moons ago. I have cut it out and laminated it. This stays in my tackle box and has always helped as a guidance point. So here goes.....

Crankbait
- Five colours will cover most situations-shad,chrome,crawdad,firetiger,chartreuse
-Clear water-Tennesee shad,chrome,crawdad
-Stained or muddy water-chartreuse,firetiger

Spinnerbait
-Ultra clear water-skirts in clear silver flake,clear green,clear pepper
-Stained or muddy water-chartreus/white
-Night fishing-Black

Soft-plastics
-Stained or muddy water-darker colours such as junebug,red shad,black
-Clear water-Shades of watermelon,pumpkin,sand
-Clear water-Match the bottom, ie for a light ,sandy bottom use shades of sand; for a darker,brown bottom use pumpkin
-Weedy areas-Green colours such as watermelon,green pumpkin

Topwaters
-Four colors will cover most situations-clear,white,black,yellow
-White-the predominant belly colour of forage
-Clear-clear water,bright skies
-Black-cloudy days,night fishing,muddy water
-Yellow-great for smallmouth bass and springtime fishing for largemouth

That sums it up. Hope it can serve as some assistance to others as it has for me