facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Goedetrouw Dam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone tell me where is this dam situated

Jannes
its 30min other side of eshowe...its 30min coz the dirt road takes forever...u want a map?
Edit your signature here ... Edit
Jannes, take the N2 from Piet Retief and go South to Empangeni. Take the Empangeni turn off and head straight up the R34. Carry on going straight up the R34 until you hit a T-Junction. At that T-Junction, turn left and head towards Eshowe for a few kilometers. You will see a board that says Shakaland and "Phobane Lake" Phobane is the new name for Goedetrouw. If you turn right there you will hit a dirt road that will take you straight to the dam.
I would appreciate a map it will help me very much thanx. Do you need my email adress to send me the map or not?

Regards

Jannes
Thanx Drew

I appreciate the directions.

Regards

Johann
Miss BFSA you say the dirt road is bad but can you still get there with a small sedan vehicle
Jeremy Wrote:Miss BFSA you say the dirt road is bad but can you still get there with a small sedan vehicle

Yes you can Jeremy, but you gotta take it real easy.... :blue-confused:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jeremy Wrote:Miss BFSA you say the dirt road is bad but can you still get there with a small sedan vehicle

it was raining the last time we went...and a backie got stuck in the mud on an uphill...if the roads r not wet its leka to drive...but not in bad weather...the last stretch it kinda tricky...
Let's just pray they never maintain or tar this road. Cause if they do...it's bye bye big bass!!! :blue-evil:
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Ruffneck Wrote:Let's just pray they never maintain or tar this road. Cause if they do...it's bye bye big bass!!! :blue-evil:

haha sry to burst that bubble...but shaka land have the funding to tar it and they are doing it in the next year...bye bye good fishing dam! :blue-cry:
i wanna fish this dam
Found the following on another forum some time back:

"Only Florida strain largemouth get that big, I'm sure we have some very big fish in our waters but I don't think that big.
Those huge Bass caught out of the Californian lakes are present because they release thousands of trout into the lakes every year - Trout make Bass very big
I personally know of a 7.5kg found dead after choking on a 2kg Tilapia in a Natal South Coast farm dam and I know of a 7.5kg bass speared out of Inanda some 10 years ago, so there are definitely new SA records swimming around I just don't think up to 10kg though.
My bet is that the next SA record will come out of Goedetrouw. For those of you that don't know Goedetrouw was used as a test platform for fish harvesting (well that was the goal anyway), with the new government it was all forgotten. It is the only dam in SA that has only pure Florida strain in it (no Northerns and therefore no hybrids), but it was also stocked with all sorts of other interesting fish. It has Nembwe and some other huge fish in it, but also has lots of different types of baitfish, including the freshwater Shad (from the US).
The Natal fish-off there last year had 3 x 5 fish bags over 17kg"

Can anyone confirm that are in fact shad in Goedies and any further details??
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
"Can anyone confirm that are in fact shad in Goedies and any further details??"

Anyone who can offer some insight into this part of the secrecy bill?
Ninja there goes half the goedies tip I talked about.........
CBC, now that the cat's out the bag do you perhaps know which shad it is? Considering they appear to be the basis for the food chain abroad, perhaps it's not something to be ignored for SA waters. It is an isolated population of them anyway, or not?