Current time: 12-17-2017, 04:06 AM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

2017 Elgin Bass Classic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elgin Round Table is hosting the Elgin Bass Classic and it taking place at Appletwaite Dam on 25 Feb 2017

Attached is details and entry form.

Limited spots available to boats and kickboats.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
BFSA
Hi Nav. Looks good. Just for clarity - the Kickboats will they be limited to the river or the Dam section? If you can provide some clarity around this.

Thanks
Hi Jason. Yes in the last discussion with the Round Table guys they said it would be there.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
Thanks Nav. Appreciate the feedback.
Navrik Wrote:Hi Jason. Yes in the last discussion with the Round Table guys they said it would be there.
Nav..River or Dam or both for the 60 kickboats ?
Life is not about the number of breaths we make,but the moments that take our breath away.
River section has about 2400m of shoreline. With 60 Kickboats, that's 40m each if no one moves. Bring a helmet!

I hope the prizes are going to be even between the boats and kickboats this year. Kickboats pay more per person than a 2 man boat but it always feels like we're the red-headed stepchild at the family picnic!

Anyway I'll be there - with my helmet and inferiority complex... lol
BFSA
2man boat = R800
Kickboat R200
2man boat = R800 (R400pp)
Kickboat = R450

Kick boats have to pay R250 pp and R200 for the boat
Marmaduke Wrote:2man boat = R800 (R400pp)
Kickboat = R450

Kick boats have to pay R250 pp and R200 for the boat

Thats also how I understand it.

Navrik is this correct? Not like you get two man kickboats that I know of that you would need to charge for extra person.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
R800 per boat and 40 boats....on Applethwaite....THIRSTY....Nav, please find out format of comp ( 5 fish bag etc ) as this may determine whether some people compete or not. Also, the form says 'maintain idle speed' so this mean outboards can be used!?
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
I just confirmed with the organisers and unfortunately you have to pay for the kickboats so Marmaduke is correct.

I am busy querying the rivers vs dam for the kickboaters.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
BFSA
Rory Wrote:R800 per boat and 40 boats....on Applethwaite....THIRSTY....Nav, please find out format of comp ( 5 fish bag etc ) as this may determine whether some people compete or not. Also, the form says 'maintain idle speed' so this mean outboards can be used!?
Boats 5 fish bag. Kickboats 3 fish bag

Yes idling on outboards as far as I understood.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
Navrik Wrote:I just confirmed with the organisers and unfortunately you have to pay for the kickboats so Marmaduke is correct.

I am busy querying the rivers vs dam for the kickboaters.

Thanks for checking for us Nav.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
The guys have some issues with access to the river so it appears they might have to change the outboard ruling to trolling motor only and allow the kickboats to fish the main dam as well.

There is also the possibility of another dam on the farm depending on numbers.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
Hey Nav. Could you let us know as soon as you have clarity on where the kickboats will be fishing. Fishing the river is VERY different to fishing Bobby's/C Dam or fishing the Main dam with 40 bass boats. Especially for R450 each.