Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Why have members lost interest in BFSA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys.

So its come to my attention in recent post and wall post that the ' older members' have mentioned and noticed that the interest and topics on BFSA are not as active as it use to be.

So this is where I'm asking for help and suggestions too improve this and make the site active and exciting for all members again.

All suggestions and help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

BFSA Team
BWG
The COTM pic at the home page of the site was pretty cool. Don;t know why it was taken down. Would be cool to see that again
[Image: outdoors_zps5be0abce.gif]
jmgravenor Wrote:The COTM pic at the home page of the site was pretty cool. Don;t know why it was taken down. Would be cool to see that again

Howzit JM,

Was the COTM on the 'head banner'
Go back to the paid model service and the forum will be great again.

Guys will do report backs and stop arguing about random nonsense.

Ask anyone. The forum went downhill after it became free.

The best things in life are free, but this is the exception.

Also the forum platform needs to be updated as it is dated. :eusa_boohoo:

Multiple guys have recommended a new platform to use.

Ill send you the invoice for this advice Smile

A recommended price would be like R150 - R200 per user per annum.

The membership fees will also help cover your hosting overheads.

This would also root out all the riff raff *cough* :evil: :bluegrab:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyczwqRD2NI[/youtube]
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Call me out, dump my membership, call it what you will...

Troll = valrath

Especially how hes going on at the moment
Jim_From_Zim Wrote:Call me out, dump my membership, call it what you will...

Troll = valrath

Especially how hes going on at the moment

Yeah old jim had a minor meltdown when someone posted a report back the weekend before a regional at kwaggas.

To be fair kwaggas is the new Voelvlei Smile

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWbDVtLfH-U[/youtube]
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
BWG
Morning guys. I disagree with some of the sentiments here. That aside, the nature of the competitive game also lends itself to less caring and sharing and more roofkyking than participation!

COTM is not going to increase the membership nor do I believe that a paid subscription will improve the quality. That was then when social and other media didn't play such a large role. More thought is required than the suggestions of old.
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
I am with Rip on this one.

This is our forum and if we want it better we have to make it better.

If you stop by occasionally only to complain and not contribute we should not be prepared to entertain your gripes. A lot of anglers just want to lurk in the shadows and gain as much knowledge to aid them in their next conquest without sharing any of their own knowledge.

Also like Rip said social media with apps on your phone make it a lot easier to contribute there and not here.

I agree with Val that we should look at improving the content management system or replace with one that make contributing from a mobile or lost easier. The fact that bugs on the site are not fixed is not helping either.

Be that as it may I still believe BFSA is still the best fishing forum on the net.

In business companies run incentive schemes. Why don't we incentivise contribution. Back in the pay for the forum days you would get another free year if you contribute x number of points.

Why don't we get a sponsor or two and give the guys that contribute regularly vouchers or prizes. Why don't we have a post of the week or month. That would also create a reason to contribute.

You can also create a hidden section on the forum for you have to qualify.

Just some ideas.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
andydejager Wrote:
jmgravenor Wrote:The COTM pic at the home page of the site was pretty cool. Don;t know why it was taken down. Would be cool to see that again

Howzit JM,

Was the COTM on the 'head banner'

It was not on the head banner but rather on the home page in the middle of the screen when you entered the site.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
Hate to break it to you Rob, its the only forum on the net in s.a.

Social media has the upper hand in this argument. There, you can be your own boss. Here we (suppose myself included) have to get in line to be an old dog - heaven forbid we (read Me again) upset a long old standing member and be in the dwang

Sadly its a fight we're never going to win.

And charging money/membership to a forum does not make any sense. There will always be another one somewhere for free
I genuinely have no idea. I know this is going to sound like the complete opposite of what were looking for, but half the reason that BFSA was so popular is because it was popular. I know it sounds dumb, but if somebody was to join the forum back then and see how active it was, they would love the idea and join. If I was to be new now I probably wouldn't register. People attracts more people, and unfortunately I don't know how to get members to get interest again.

Things like: "Another Friday Funny" was always a winner.

But I do agree with JFZ, Social Media taking over.

I do think that this site is not beyond saving yet. I'll do my part to post small report backs even if I just go pond bashing, report backs like that teached me a lot as a junior.

With my usual spot full of algae, overloaded with miniature bass and no structure, majik forest a polluted mess and DK with too many rules and regulations it's nearly impossible for me to go fish anymore except for divisionals though, I'll do my best.
All my report backs and fishing stories also available on:
http://bassfishingthewesterncape.blogspot.co.za/
BWG
Keyboard warriors are the reason we have moderators but lately we have been under attack by spamsters and I delete a few users a day!

BFSA is the ONLY site, quiet correct but I also feel there is a lot of leeway given here to encourage healthy debate and constructive criticism where it is perhaps due. You will always get guys who's goal in life is to rock the boat and perhaps it brings them personal satisfaction or something............that is life!

This site is great. The wealth of information on here is invaluable if you just take the time to search properly and put in the effort.
Amandla BFSA, Viva.
Morning guys.

Firstly, thank you to everyone for their input up to now. This shows us that people still do like the site and want to see a change.

I will be returning home next month so I too will make a effort to post more reports ect.

Just received confirmation that Picasso will be sponsoring the COTM. This is a great start and a big thank you to them.

I see some guys want a paid forum again. How about a VIP section for paying members?. Therefor the site will still be open for unpaid members but also a VIP section for paid members where only they have access too
I think a paid website would largely cut out your junior contributions.

Also, another thing I would like is to be able to view other people's profiles again. I personally learned a lot by reading old posts of some of the best anglers on this site and it really helps to find old posts easier.

Eg. let's say Bob fishes the Breede River a lot. And I'm going to the Breede for the weekend, reading a few of his old reports would help me a lot to get an idea of what I'm in for. Just an idea, don't really know why you can't view other people profiles anymore
All my report backs and fishing stories also available on:
http://bassfishingthewesterncape.blogspot.co.za/
Hi BLY. I tried out your permissions and see what you mean. I changed that permission in your profile (hope Andy doesn't fire me.......) so try now to see if you can view a specific users posts?