Current time: 10-20-2017, 04:36 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Bulshoek BFSA KBT 22 -23 October

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This past weekend the we had the second BFSA KBT of the season at Bulshoek.
Everybody stayed at the Bulshoek Farm, a really great venue and pretty much central on the dam. Perfect for a KBT.
Andrew and I had a late start leaving Cape Town so we only arrived at the campsite around 10pm. When we arrived everybody was in good spirits.
But like usual the alarm went off way too soon but true to form everybody was very keen to get going and despite the iffy weather we all set off in our different directions.
For me it was a long day with two fish caught fairly early and then two more late in the day but I thought I had stumbled onto something in the afternoon so I was hopeful for sunday.
Weigh in showed that there were some good fish around with two smallies of 1.55kg being the biggest brought to the scale.

Like usual Saturday night was a lot quieter and milder.
Sunday we had 2 hours less to fish so the pressure was on to catch the 3 fish on a pressured dam in post frontal conditions. Lets just say I practised my casting. I saw fish come out around me and busting up on fry. Try as hard as I could I couldnt catch a bass until 12:15 a feisty largie just couldnt leave my fluke alone and after the 3rd try I got the hook to stick.

Weigh in time again showed some guys had some better luck than most with some good size bass coming out.

In the end it was JM who finished on top followed by Kurt in 2nd and Andrew in 3rd.
Andrew also took home the Southern Bass Culture big fish prize with a smallie of 1.66kg caught on Sunday.
After a couple of draws JM pulled out Michael Eksteen's number for the greenfish.co.za lucky draw for a greenfish fishing shirt.

A massive think you to all the sponsors (Eddles Gas & Tackle, Outdoors365, greenfish.co.za, Southern Bass Culture and Suburban Tackle) who provided us with lures and vouchers as prizes and also to everybody that fished the KBT.

For the full results click on the link
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://weighmasters.net/getresults?E9ED5CBCD48D44D0A42FEE119800C47D&1&BFSA%20Kickboat%20Trail%202016/17%20Season%20-%20Bulshoek&results&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://weighmasters.net/getresults?E9E ... k&results&</a><!-- m -->

For season standings click on the red text.

Our next KBT is on the Breede river near Robertson on 19 November, more details to follow closer to the time.

Until then tight lines!
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
BFSA
Nice going guys and lekker report Malcolm. Very bummed i missed it but will be at the next event to make up.
Well done to all competitors.
Live in the Moment...
I hope there wasn't funny business with the draw, 2 of those okes look like brothers or family :lol:
B-B-B-BLACK BASS
Well done guys!!
Congrats to all involved and to those anglers who did well :eusa_clap:
[Image: outdoors.gif]
Well done to all the anglers that did well and the lucky draw!
Regards
Robert Jacobs
BFSA
Congratulations to everyone.

Big thank you to all the sponsors!
So glad I can finally attend these comps soon.
Nice Malcolm! Thanks for a sick comp! And for the extra effort regarding wood & ice etc... Looking forward to the rest of the season. Congratz to the guys in the money! Especially my boy JM for finishing on top, the far kick was worth the effort! haha Micheal, eks baie bly vir jou bra! lol Nou gaan ons uitsteek met diesele hemp by die comps! Smile
Good Luck Fishin'
@Barend thanks Boytjie

Thanks guys for organising an epic comp
[Image: outdoors_zps5be0abce.gif]
jmgravenor Wrote:@Barend thanks Boytjie

Thanks guys for organising an epic comp

Well done JM.
Thanks Andy.
By the way, I think you went to school with my sister, Muriel. Curro I think?
[Image: outdoors_zps5be0abce.gif]
BFSA
jmgravenor Wrote:Thanks Andy.
By the way, I think you went to school with my sister, Muriel. Curro I think?

I did Ya