Current time: 12-18-2017, 10:29 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Poortjieskloof MT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound like the guys had a hard time finding the fish at this months Money trail held at Poortjieskloof.

Congrats to Team Bassfishing.co.za on securing 1st place with a solid bag weighing in at 7.18kgs. Team Guardian came in at 2nd with team bassoholics follwing in third position. Fourth position went to team Eddlesgas and team greenfish took 5th spot.

A big thank you to all our sponsors and of course Billy and Brandin for once again organizing a great event.

Raoul Overbeeke
Cupboard guy
Pope alarms
Outdoors365
Tuckers Tackle
Varkenelli Customs
Hooked on Bass
Mysterytacklepack
BWG
Once Again a well organised event! Thank Billy & Brandin!

We (Bassoholics) had a serious social at the Caves the night before!
My boat partner was supposed to hand me a headache tabled but instead I got a sleeping tablet. LOL thanks Buddy!

The day started off well with Len catching our first fish reasonably quickly.
We thought fishing's gone be good but that definitely wasn't the case!

We decided to move to a different area around 10:00... but this didn't happen as our battery died along with it all our electronics. Eish...
This might have been a blessing in disguise as we where forced to slow down.

I switched to a Fighting Frog around 10:30 and managed to catch 3 fish reasonably quickly.. The trick was almost dead sticking it for about 30 seconds before moving it half a inch and leaving it again ... not my preferred way of fishing but it worked... O the colour also seamed critical.. :eusa_doh:

Around 2:30 we decided to drift down the dam(closer to the weigh area) we managed to catch a decent upgrade witch culled a fish of just over 1kg... you guest it.. Fighting Frog did the trick again...

We almost put the fish in the weigh bag while in the water when we realised its gone be a while till they get weighed so we decided to pull the boat out first. Luckily!!!
As we put our last fish into the weigh bag it burst!! fish everywhere!
Hence the reason we didn't take any photos...

All & all we had a awesome time! Chuffed with 3rd considering..

Thanks Len always a pleasure fishing with you!
hahahaha!!

Babalas with a sleeping tablet in tough fishing conditions..

Ultimate test there Juba
andydejager Wrote:hahahaha!!

Babalas with a sleeping tablet in tough fishing conditions..

Ultimate test there Juba

I've never experienced a sleepy babalas... definitely a first for me... :eusa_think:
Does the MT have a performance-enhancing drug clause? It's clear that Juba used drugs to assist him in slowing down his presentation.
Occasionally I use words I don't fully understand to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
Toadee Wrote:Does the MT have a performance-enhancing drug clause? It's clear that Juba used drugs to assist him in slowing down his presentation.

I smell a DQ!
BWG
Toadee Wrote:Does the MT have a performance-enhancing drug clause? It's clear that Juba used drugs to assist him in slowing down his presentation.

More like a "performance-reduction" drug clause... :eusa_whistle: :blue-badgrin:
Regards
Robert Jacobs
Well done to all the anglers in the prizes. Team Outdoors365 was definately not one of them even with our massive 3 fish bag of 2.5 kgs haha.Never the less we had a very lekker weekend.

Hey did you guys know that Smurf got 10 fish? :blue-badgrin:
[Image: outdoors.gif]