Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Introduction and Clanwilliam question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone,

I'm Crankerbait, Conrad in reallife. I've fished all my life for bass with a PB of 3.5kg. I've moved to the Cape in the last month and finally have some time to get my boat in the water. I'm heading to Clanwilliam this weekend and plan on getting there at sparrows f@rt on Saturday. Can anyone tell me when the gate will be open and how much they will ask, I'm launching from the caravan park at the town. Of course some hints would be great also

See you on the water.
CB
BFSA
Hi CB.

Welcome to the forum.

The SABAA Nationals are starting from this weekend at Clanwilliam so although you will be able to fish you it might not be the best time to go with 50 of the country's top SABAA anglers getting together at Clan.

I would personally give Clan a miss this weekend and rather go to Bulshoek of even Kwaggas to hunt some smallies.

There is a lot of respect between the BFSA and SABAA (WCBAA) guys and we try and give each other space when serious competitions are happening.

Catch you on the water.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
I see your calendar says they only start on monday. I don't see how two okes can make a difference fishing two or three days earlier. The bass guys in America like KVD share the water with normal fisherman in tournaments no special rules. I have waited a long time to fish Clanwilliam, is my time different to some guy in a big boat.
CrankerBait Wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm Crankerbait, Conrad in reallife. I've fished all my life for bass with a PB of 3.5kg. I've moved to the Cape in the last month and finally have some time to get my boat in the water. I'm heading to Clanwilliam this weekend and plan on getting there at sparrows f@rt on Saturday. Can anyone tell me when the gate will be open and how much they will ask, I'm launching from the caravan park at the town. Of course some hints would be great also

See you on the water.
CB

Hi Conrad
Clan is cheap to enter and launch not sure how much.. I have to tell you that the fishing will be quite tuff in my opinion.
The fish would not have settled in after this reasonably quick rise in water level (Past experience)...
O one more thing.
Mofam produces this time of year. Visit their website & call them.
Bigger fish closer to home and you can rent a boat right there...
Good afternoon Crankerbait and a warm welcome to BFSA.

Just some further info for you further to Navrik's advices:

We do not have huge lakes comparable with what KVD and those boys are spoilt with.
All SABAA affiliated anglers have not been allowed on Clan for the last 21 days to level the playing field a bit and give the venue a break.
Big boat, small boat, float tube are not discriminated against and neither do we encourage that here on BFSA.
Unaffiliated anglers are permitted on the water but it's frowned upon purely out of "respect". It doesn't mean that you are not allowed and it's your choice at the end of the day.

If you decide to go, good luck and enjoy.
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
BFSA
Hi Conrad.

I also can't wait to fish clan again, but because of nationals and the fact that the dam went from very low to overflowing in a very short amount of time, i'm going to give it a miss.

I'm heading out to kwaggaskloof to hunt some big smallies.
If you keen on kwaggas I can meet up with you over the weekend, and we can have a bit of a tacklebox talk...

Ferdi - 079 7zero6 002eight
Riprap Wrote:Good afternoon Crankerbait and a warm welcome to BFSA.

Just some further info for you further to Navrik's advices:

We do not have huge lakes comparable with what KVD and those boys are spoilt with.
All SABAA affiliated anglers have not been allowed on Clan for the last 21 days to level the playing field a bit and give the venue a break.
Big boat, small boat, float tube are not discriminated against and neither do we encourage that here on BFSA.
Unaffiliated anglers are permitted on the water but it's frowned upon purely out of "respect". It doesn't mean that you are not allowed and it's your choice at the end of the day.

If you decide to go, good luck and enjoy.

Took the words straight of my mouth..

Well said Rip
Welcome to BFSA Crankerbait.

Go check out the dates for the Money Trail.

Exciting times
And I believe Mofam is R125 per kickboat per day ? Are the rental boats back from "servicing" yet ?
Hi Conrad
a warm welcome from my side as well to BFSA - definitely the most informative SA Bass fishing site currently out there!

I could not help to notice from your post that you seem unhappy with the Clan situation. I can only echo what was already said - please stay clear of Clan till after the Nationals.

The bass fishing community is relatively small, with limited dams avaiable (especially in the Western Cape) and you don't what to be known as "that guy".....

We all try to give each other the required space and respect the various competitions held by each respective entity - be it SABAA Seniors/Juniors; Money Trails or KBT's

If you really want to target Smallies, hit Kwaggas.

Jacques
BFSA
Alan Wrote:And I believe Mofam is R125 per kickboat per day ? Are the rental boats back from "servicing" yet ?

Hi Alan, phone Mofam...
Genade :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Gaan ESPN ook daar wees?
B-B-B-BLACK BASS
I am also thinking of making the 3hr trek there on Saturday but I'm now concerned that I'll have my car damaged or tyres deflated (I'm probably being melodramatic though).

It's ironic that I chose not to join SABAA because I don't have all the time in the world to fish and want to be free to fish wherever and whenever I want but am now being peer-pressured into staying away from the only fishable water available to me at this time of year 5 days BEFORE a comp kicks off.

It's a 22km long dam for bloody hell's sake. Four or five weekend warriors are going to make no difference.

And no, I do not want to fish Bulshoek, TWK, KWK or Mofam. I'm going to stamp my feet and hold my breath until I get to fish Clan. :blue-redface: :blue-redface:
Occasionally I use words I don't fully understand to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
Hey Rip... Who's getting the proverbial wooden spoon in this thread?

Me... Im gonna sit back with my popcorn and beer and watch this one swing out